Senior Manager – Debt Recovery
Jobs at:I&M Bank
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Manager – Debt Recovery
The Job holder will be responsible for reviewing the Bank’s non-performing and distressed assets for all segments and developing appropriate strategies to ensure timely remediation and recovery of amounts due hence minimizing losses to the bank. The individual will lead a sizeable team, engage with management and Board in delivering key results with minimal supervision.
The Incumbent will report to the Head of Debt Recovery and will be responsible for:
• Developing and guiding Debt Recovery and Remedial unit in reviewing all non-performing facilities and developing appropriate strategies to ensure efficient and cost-effective recoveries.
• Recommending and implementing debt restructures/renegotiations where appropriate to return bad debts to performing book by having suitable conversations/meetings with customers.
• Working with Business units and Credit Managers to promptly remediate any weaknesses identified on the portfolio to reduce events of default.
• Providing appropriate inputs to Board and Management Committees to ensure identified gaps in the lending process are addressed.
• Working with legal team to drive appropriate legal recoveries options and ensuring the due procedures are adhered in order to avoid potential litigation risk or adverse publicity.
• Planning and closely coordinating the Debt Recovery process with various stakeholders, including Lawyers, evaluators and auctioneers amongst others. For cases in court, ensuring the relevant evidence in support of the Bank’s case is properly documented and representing the Bank as a witness as and when required.
• Providing periodic reports to Management and Board Committee’s on the Recovery Status of non-performing portfolio, with clear recommendations on the way forward or closure.
• Liaising with the different stakeholders to ensure provisions held are in compliance with the Prudential Guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
• Providing input in loan product development and portfolio quality through regular feedback on learning points to avoid underwriting bad credits.
• Periodic training of staff on matters relating to non-performing assets.
• Keeping abreast with and proactively acting on market developments that may adversely impact on the banks success to recover loans.
• Responsible for overseeing all activities within a team.
• Responsible for keeping track of and structuring various tasks, employees and documents.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in any business-related field.
• Professional qualifications/certifications in CPA/AKIB/Loan Management etc will be an added advantage.
• Masters in a business-related field such as Strategic Management, Economics, Finance, and Operations etc.
• At least 4 years’ experience at managerial level, with board reporting responsibilities.
• Thorough understanding and practice of CBK guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
• Experience in handling complex corporate recovery cases including receiverships, arbitrations and re- negotiations.
• Legal background will be added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 16th September 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.