Senior Manager - Banking and Financial Services
Jobs at:MicroSave Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Manager - Banking and Financial Services
The applicant should have strong analytical abilities and quantitative and qualitative research skills. Should have excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Should also have excellent communication skills, writing skills, presentation skills, and should have demonstrated team management, report writing and documentation, and interpersonal skills. Should possess sharp business acumen and strong business analysis skills.
The Senior Manager – Banking and Financial Services (BFS), will have specific responsibilities that include:
• Build a business as the lead for the BFS practice group of Anglophone Africa domain of MSC,
• Lead delivery of technical assistance to clients while ensuring high quality of delivery, and strict adherence to timelines,
• Mentor team members and help them in their professional development,
• Contribute to organizational development by being a team player and upholding organizational culture, values, and reputation,
• Develop and publish knowledge resources by identifying key issues, lessons learned, and best practices in programs and projects undertaken with different clients and geographies,
• Openness and willingness to travel and spend over 50% of the time on on-site assignments.
• Conceptualize programs and scope funding for the same from international development agencies, multilateral, and governments,
• Lead concept and proposal writing for projects on diverse opportunities to enhance financial, social, and economic inclusion through inclusive banking and financial services approach,
• Relationship management with key stakeholders, including funding partners, clients, policymakers, and government agencies,
• Author or co-author thematic publications to be developed from field experiences,
• Actively engage in marketing activities and participate in digital media dialogues.
Lead and support technical design and delivery of projects
• Develop, lead, and deliver technical projects on banking, financial services, and insurance projects for social, financial, and economic inclusion,
• Manage training and capacity building of participants from banking, financial services, and insurance service providers.
• Participate in project set-up and de-briefing meetings,
• Lead and deliver on projects and assignments,
• Execute projects with the utmost diligence, attention to detail, and focus on quality,
• Make presentations of outputs of consulting projects to senior management of clients, policymakers, and government ministries,
• Review reports and presentations developed by practice group team members,
• Lead report writing and data analysis,
• Develop linkages with key staff of the client to gather project-related information,
• Review training courses delivered, the curriculum developed, and technical assistance provided to clients,
• Contribute to the development of MSC’s toolkits and other publications.
• Conduct feedback assessments with team members right after assignment execution in line with the quality control guidelines,
• Assist and support the development of other staff by providing guidance and advice where appropriate,
• Build internal capacities of the staff on banking and financial services, emerging technologies, and their potential for the inclusive finance sector,
• Take ownership of self-development by acquiring skills and knowledge to add value to the organization.
• Master in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent or other relevant professional qualifications as in line with areas of specialization.
• 10+ years of experience in emerging markets and understanding of financial inclusion,
• Thorough knowledge of banking and financial services functions,
• Technical knowledge and expertise in credit, savings, enterprise finance, pensions, and insurance,
• Knowledge of data analytics and digital technologies,
• Previous experience in consulting or research will be an advantage,
• Experience in writing business proposals and concept papers,
• Should have a demonstrable passion for inclusive finance.
Skills and competencies:
• Ability to lead assignments involving diverse project teams and to work with minimal supervision,
• Ability to develop client relationships and win business,
• Ability to develop and implement training programs,
• Proficient in excel, word, and PowerPoint,
• Strong field orientation and proven interpersonal skills,
• Leadership skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, people-management skills,
• Excellent spoken and written English.">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.