Assistant Manager Communications, Grade Kdc 4 (
Jobs at:Kenya Development Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
(a) Job purpose
• The Assistant Manager Communications will be responsible for coordinating Corporate
• Communications related activities including, Public relations, digital communications, internal communications, sponsorships, events, brand and reputation management.
(b) Job Specifications
Duties and responsibilities
• Incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the KDC brand, both online and off line.
• Content creation, writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels.
• Social media marketing– creating, managing and growing the authority’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties.
• Events and event planning– attending industry events and planning meetups for KDC leadership.
• Managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
• Responsible to overlook the customer support – collecting reports, and forwarding clients feedbacks to the management.
• Managing any online feedback forums.
• Viii. Implement strategic communications plans and to provide local market insight for the authorities public-facing communications.
• Analytics– Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
• Work with journalists, media producers, editors and strategic influencers
• Gathering information on programmes and significant events in a specific KDC Cluster area.
• Responsible for scheduling media interviews.
• xii.Assist in developing media plans, distribute and follow up media releases, book interviews and respond to media request.
(c) Person Specification
For appointment to this grade an officer must have at least;
• A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been at the level of supervisory level.
• Master’s Degree in Public relations, Communications, Journalism,
• Marketing, International relations or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International relations or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable.
• Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• vii.Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Detailed application instructions are available on the KDC website www.kdc.go.ke under the careers section. The applications should be received by 16th December 2022.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kenya Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution of Kenya Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons living with disabilities.
• Therefore, women, Persons Living with Disability, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.