Senior Manager - Compliance
Jobs at:Frank Management Consult Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support with delivery of key elements of the risk and compliance programme activities (including implementation of risk and compliance framework for examples, risk assessments, control testing, AML/CTF training, regulatory reviews, obligations register) ensuring the respective deadlines are met.
• Identify log and monitor risk and compliance Issues.
• Proactively partner with the business to complete remediation work through to completion within the required deadlines.
• Produce regular metrics and programme status updates as and when needed.
• Assist with ad hoc projects monitoring tasks and regulatory change initiatives.
• Promoting a good risk and compliance culture and assisting the business in complying with relevant laws regulations.
• Determine regulatory reporting of events. Prepare reports and communications to Regulatory Authorities and ensure filing within the required timeframe to CBN and NFIU.
• Escalate high priority issues as well as identified business risks to the appropriate management level with managing risks relating to payments.
• Providing support and advice to the business to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and other applicable international regulation including delivering the firm’s compliance programme.
• Validating and reporting any suspicious transactions through reports and raising SARs wherever required with the FIUs
Undertaking one-off reviews deep dives and assessments of business line compliance particularly with new regulatory obligations.
• Acting as the subject matter expert for specific areas of regulation providing support
and guidance on requirements and overseeing the firm’s control environment.
• Supporting the risk and compliance team in other functions as needed which has included reviewing cross boarder guidelines and preparing board and senior management reporting conducting client contract reviews.
• Assist in performing monitoring and surveillance reviews when we have identified and mitigated any compliance risks or gaps identified.
• Supporting business and support units in completing their risk assessments (RAs) for processes, new changes and initiatives.
• Ensure that appropriate risk and control self-assessment (RCSAs) reviews are done in a timely manner.
• Support business and support units in reporting their incidents and losses.
• Provide and facilitate training and awareness to staff across the company.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, legal, Risk/Compliance background.
• A compliance qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• 5+ years’ experience in Compliance related role with 2 years at a senior role
• Experience working within a regulatory framework desirable.
• Experience working in risk or compliance review or monitoring role and reviewing regulations and ensuring control in place to adhere to regulatory requirements.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.