Senior Manager Credit Monitoring and Analytics- Faulu MFB
Jobs at:Old Mutual
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Friday, July 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Working closely with the Head of Credit, the Senior Credit Monitoring and Analytics Manager is responsible for overseeing the credit monitoring and analytics section within the credit department. The job holder will undertake all credit reporting including alignment of all credit reports to the internal governance structures, regulator (CBK) and Group reporting requirements as well as coordinate all internal and external credit audits. He/ She will also be responsible for credit models and data analytics to inform decision making.
Key Measurable Goals
• Detailed credit portfolio monitoring through system checks and scenario analysis (including portfolio stress tests)
• Develop effective credit risk monitoring models for identification of early warning signs
• Product system set-up assurance as per the bank’s products fact sheet
• Preparation of Credit management reports and Group reports
• Ensure portfolio data cleanup to align to data expectations.
• Take lead in credit projects and evaluation.
• Ensure all credit models are updated regularly.
• Undertake credit analytics to enable the bank make data driven credit decisions.
• Develop and implement credit monitoring strategies and systems to track the credit performance, monitor credit metrics, trends, and key indicators to identify potential risks and opportunities.
• Analyze credit data and portfolio performance to assess credit quality, identify credit risk concentrations, and evaluate credit risk exposure.
• Conduct in-depth analysis to understand the drivers of credit performance and identify emerging risks.
• Prepare regular and ad-hoc credit risk reports, including key credit risk metrics, trends, and portfolio analysis and provide insights and recommendations to senior management based on the analysis of credit data and portfolio performance.
• Collaborate with credit risk analysis teams to develop and enhance credit policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements and internal credit risk report standards.
• Oversee data collection, data quality assurance, and data governance processes related to credit risk.
• Collaborate with IT teams to ensure the availability and integrity of credit data and systems.
• To undertake scenario & Sensitivity Analysis to assess impact of undesirable macro-economic and other industry effects on credit portfolio and advise management.
• To ensure product set up in the core banking system is as per the approved fact sheet.
• To coordinate all internal and external credit audit exercises
• Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
• Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility.
• Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills
• 5 years’ experience in Credit Monitoring and Reporting at a Supervisory level
• Working Knowledge of core banking Systems
• Understanding of Credit modeling and credit risk management
• Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines
• Data analysis skills
• High degree of confidentiality
• Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
• Fast in decision making
• Highly organized
• Creative and Innovative
• Passionate & result oriented
• Excellent communicator
• Good team player
Physically fit and versatile and able to work on a computer for long hours.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.