Senior Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis
Jobs at:Living Goods
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Driving a process of continuous improvement in business partnering which enhances the understanding of the Executive and Senior Management teams (Global and Country) of their key financial performance drivers and business performance issues
• Oversee business analysis of strategic initiatives to determine financial and operational feasibility.
• Drive and challenge operational units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization including revenue enhancement and cost reduction initiatives.
Organizational Financial Reporting, budgeting, and analysis:
• Develop reporting frameworks in collaboration with the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, Country Teams, and Management to produce management, donor, and key stakeholder reports.
• Manage the entire organizational financial reporting function and ensure accurate financial reports are produced.
• Provide frameworks and support to country finance teams to prepare analyses, conduct reviews, and monitor and highlight variances.
• Investigate exceptions on all reports and facilitate corrective actions.
• Provides technical support to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in the complete organizational budgeting and forecasting process.
• Ensure the accuracy of budgets and rolling forecasts submitted by each country and Global department.
• Conduct cost analysis on key operations to inform investment and operational decisions in cost modeling.
Grant Financial Management:
• Provide support to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and other Grant managers to assess the cost investment viability of opportunities, proposal budgeting, donor reporting, donor queries, etc.
• Provide oversight over all grant financial reports before submission to donors.
• Develop proposal budgets and budget narratives in collaboration with the BD and Grant management staff, including revisions and extensions.
• Post-award work with program and global and country finance teams to facilitate the process of onboarding new projects to ensure internal controls and donor compliance systems are established and followed.
• Lead in financial accountability and reporting for grants promptly to ensure compliance with LG’s policies and donor regulations.
• Oversee Cash management of all grants and contracts, including preparing requests for funds from donor and grant agencies.
• Support donor-related audits.
• Participate in the design and implementation of internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
• Professional Qualifications / Membership In Professional Bodies
• CPA, ACCA
• Minimum of 10 to 12 years of working Experience.
Competencies & Attributes:
• Experience in a complex International NGO with a budget of $30-50mil annual budget.
• In-depth knowledge of nonprofit accounting (fund accounting principles), including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
• Broad experience with multiple funding sources, including the US government, other country governments, other bi-and multilateral donors, and corporates and foundations.
• Experience with the rules and regulations of multilateral donors.
• Evidence of partnering with executive staff, resulting in developing and implementing creative financial management strategies.
• Experience streamlining, refining, and automating financial processes, including the development of user-friendly tools and training programs, and deploying suitable technology.
• Track record of working with technology leaders to manage critical financial management and reporting systems.
• Mission-driven, articulate professional with substantial finance and administrative management experience.
• Keen analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
• Proven strength in building and sustaining supportive relationships and persuasively communicating institutional goals and needs.
• Experience working in or with Africa.
• Technology savvy and specific knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills, displays good judgment.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Candidate should be Bilingual with French as a desirable language.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.