Senior Manager Operations - Payments and Receivables
Deadline of this Job:
10 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This is a senior manager role responsible for team management, oversight, and coordination within the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to apply working knowledge of operational and technical concepts, to recommend process improvements, manage personnel and complete team deliverables efficiently
• Leadership of a team of employees engaged in performing routine processing and reconciliation tasks
• Support to various units within the operational units.
• Advise and resolve non-routine issues within cash & trade operations
• Capacity planning, Training management, leave management and Performance management as may be required.
• Recommend new work procedures that will increase operating efficiency. In addition, Design/Review procedures from time to time to ensure they are current and address Customer needs, legal requirements
• Apply basic comprehension of how cash management integrates within cash & trade operations to recommend/resolve solutions to complex issues
• Ensure team meets Key performance Indicators and quality expectations of assigned tasks
• Management/Oversight of outsourced processes
• Management of Departmental accounts, including booking, follow-ups and prompt liquidation of Sundry, Account Receivables and Suspense Accounts.
• Implementation of Projects and Process Improvement within the country and region.
• Train and develop back- ups within the departments for continuity of business.
• Provide Feedback to Citiservice & banking and product on Related Customer Issues
• Provide capable back up to other Unit heads on a regular basis, within the cash, clearing and payments units
• Engagement in industry assignments within the payments space
• Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 5 years and above of experience in a related cash and trade operations management and leadership role
• People and team management experience
• Risks and controls management
• Strong analytical and data analysis skills
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in cash, clearing, payments and receivable processing
• Effective verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
• Effective management/supervisory, influencing and relationship skills
• Demonstrated decision making skills
• Strength in change and crisis management
• Good understanding of swift payments and industry trends
• Bachelor’s/University degree - 2nd upper honor's and above or equivalent.
• Quality of work has to be high due to a high level of customer awareness and competition. Timeliness and error free processing of transactions is key.
• Be alert on frequent changes in Government regulations, Bank policies and procedures due to restructuring.
• Ability to handle large volumes.
• Flexibility and adaptability to change.
• High volumes of transactions which require more time to process
• Due diligence is required at all times to ensure that documentary procedures are adhered to as per the banks regulations.
• Top notch oversight and teams management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.