Senior Officer, Trade Services
Jobs at:SBM Bank
Deadline of this Job:
16 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ensure timely processing of Trade Finance transactions in line with current policies and procedures and current International Chamber of Commerce guidelines, supervising some of the functions of trade services teams in line with the laid down processes and procedures and custody of documents within established standards and control.
Letters of credit- import and export
Collections-import and export
• Enhance the bank’s revenue targets by ensuring 100% revenue collection for all trade products.
• Ensuring complete and accurate processing of all trade finance transactions and collection of commission thereof.
• Ensure staff utilizes their leave days as per HR policy.
• Adherence to stationery utilization limits as per finance approved limits.
• Eliminate financial losses emanating from processing fraudulent transactions.
• Provide a high quality of service to all clients within agreed SLAs
• Customer complaints be resolved within TAT.
• Ensure high quality of communication to internal and external clients, both verbal and written.
• Take ownership when dealing with queries or requests, offer suggestions and conclude constructively by investigating and resolving whilst protecting the
• banks reputation.
• No exceptions and incidents with respect to adherence to the service charter regarding customer satisfaction.
• Vetting, processing and verifying both manually and electronically the following trade products as per delegated matrix through the bank approved applications.
• Documentary collections-Both import and export
• Documentary credits/letters of credit-Both import and export
• Guarantees-Both import and export
• Examination of export and import documents as per current guidelines of the International Chamber of commerce and Trade delegated matrix
• Ensure all title documents are handled as per bank procedures and held under dual control
• Review of all closed trade transaction to confirm all is in place before archival
• Performing sanctions screening and AML checks as per sanctions policy
• Ensure all requests are properly authorized and signatures verified and meet the international trade rules before processing.
• Ensure daily reconciliation of liability accounts is done
• Managing the reporting needs as required to all stakeholders including Finance, Reconciliations, Credit
• Covering of deals with dealers where required
• Daily actioning of incoming swifts, Nak’d swifts, payment queries and NOSTRO reports.
• Updating and follow up on any adverse incidences raised on systems or transactions until resolution.
• Timely management of UAT testing as required
• Ensure all leave is captured on the relevant system.
• Maintenance of trade registers
• Review on efficacy of processes, controls and systems. Document actions and monitor to resolution with all stakeholders.
Risk and Control
• Ensure all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policy and Policy Standards.
• Understand and manage risks and risk incidents relevant to the role.
• Ensure adherence to the Group IT security policy and controls in accessing the system.
• Ensuring the unit achieve the set Risk & Audit rating targets for the year.
• Ensure timely closure of Audit, Risk and Compliance findings.
• Carry out RCSAs in a timely manner.
• Ensure adherence to the delegated matrix
• Comply with Operational risk in respect to protecting our people, customers, assets and the organization
• Timely update and verification of daily activities to ensure correct MI is reporting on the department’s productivity levels
• Escalation of risk issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure handover processes are adhered to before proceeding on leave.
Innovation, Change, Learning and Individual development
• Provide support to the Team Leader ensuring effective teamwork across the Trade Services.
• Provide ways and means of challenging status quo. Share knowledge, experience, best practice and provision of constructive feedback as required and when necessary.
• Support and adopt the implementation of change initiatives.
• Provide suggestions to the line manager on improvements and solutions based on knowledge of trade value chain.
• Train and develop back-ups within the department to ensure continuity of business
• Responsible for keeping up to date with new product development and procedural changes relating to processing of trade products.
• Continuously look for opportunities to further develop own skills and expand knowledge base
• Set personal management objectives in line with the bank strategy and personal aspirations
• Pursue self- development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledge strength and areas for development.
• Obtain constant feedback on personal development from your line manager and other team leaders
• Customers of this Position
• Trade Business Team
• Credit Department
• Treasury Department
• Treasury Operations
• Other Departments e.g. (Finance, Legal, Risk and compliance, etc.)
• Other Operations Departments
• All branches
• Trade clients
Education and experience required
• Business graduate from an accredited University
• 4 years’ experience in trade finance operations
Knowledge and skills
• Proficient in internal computer Operating Systems and Applications
• Numeric and Analytical skills
• Team working skills e.g. communication skills etc.
• Interpersonal skills: Enthusiastic and diligent
• Trade products knowledge
• Knowledge of the international Trade Rules governing Trade Finance
• Professional qualifications e.g. Trade (CDCS), (CSDG),(CITF) or banking an added advantage
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Achieving personal work goals and objectives
• Following instructions and procedures
• Adhering to principles and values
• Applying expertise and technology
Custody of trade documents –Responsible for ensuring safekeeping of trade documents within the branch.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.