Senior Officer – Internal Audit
Jobs at:Spire Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Summary Purpose of the Job:
• To independently and reliably review the bank’s internal control processes, operational and financial information for assurance on the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance.
• To provide objective and professional evaluation and compliance of the Bank’s policies, procedures and CBK requirements and guidelines and assist the management in accomplishing their objectives.
• Work closely with Head of Internal Audit department and other functional departments, and all organizational levels both within the Bank and with outside agencies as required
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Take part in establishing risk-based audit plan and audit programmes i.e. planning operations to be audited and the frequency of such audits based upon an objective risk assessment model and within guidelines issued by the Board Audit Committee.
• Plan and execute detailed financial, operational and compliance risk based audits in accordance with approved audit plan, audit manual and appropriate auditing standards
• Consistent review of the audit programs in line with the changing environment, policies and regulations
• Assists Head of Internal Audit during audit activities with external auditors and CBK inspectors as required.
• Recommends changes in policies and/or procedures to increase efficiency of operations and improve safeguards over the Bank’s assets.
• Discuss audit findings with the process owners and agree on the recommendations for improvements.
• Document results of audit work in accordance with the charter and IIA guidelines for discussion with the Head of audit and the process owners
• Conduct follow up reviews on previous audit reports/processes to determine if agreed internal control improvements have been implemented
• Conducts special investigations to identify lapses and represent audit in projects to ensure controls are in place.
• Carrying out other duties and assignments as assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Business or Finance from a recognized University.
• Must have qualifications in CPA K, or ACCA.
• CIA, CISA is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 3 years working experience in in a reputable audit firm or a financial institution.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Working knowledge of electronic working papers tools e.g. Team Mate.
• Strong analytical skills and report writing
• Team player with good interpersonal skills;
• Able to work with minimum supervision;
• Good understanding of bank processes and knowledge of the regulatory framework
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested and believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application clearly indicating: your current salary and your salary expectation. Application should be sent on or before 15th July 2022 addressed to Recruitment@spirebank.co.ke
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.