Senior Officer - Strategy, Risk and Compliance
Jobs at:Nairobi Securities Exchange
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Officer- Strategy, Risk and Compliance primary objective will be to conduct research to enable the NSE make informed decisions and identify opportunities for successful implementation of the Strategy. This role will have the overall responsibility of supporting in corporate strategy management, enterprise risk management, corporate compliance management, enterprise business continuity management, policy analysis, project monitoring/evaluation and research.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Analysing, evaluating collating and reporting on regulatory, statutory and policy issues that inform the implementation of the corporate strategy and plans;
• Analysing, evaluating and reporting on the operating environment that affects the company, locally, regionally and internationally;
• Conducting required research, market intelligence and data analysis, competitive benchmarking and some data gathering relevant to NSE stakeholders;
• Compiling and creating repository for all departmental data for use by other NSE stakeholders;
• Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on key products, projects/programs and systems that impact the achievement of the NSE Strategic Plan;
• Assisting with business data analytics/intelligence; and
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Degree in Economics, Finance, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Policy Analysis or related field.
• Professional certification and demonstrated experience in Enterprise Risk Management such as GAAP or IRM or equivalent.
• Possession of professional qualification such as corporate strategy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; Enterprise Risk Management, Project and Programme Management, Business Continuity Management, CPA, CFA, Actuarial, CAIA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
• Applied knowledge of Operational Risk Management tools (e.g. Risk Register, RCSAs, KRIs, Escalation Matrix, Stress Testing, Scenario Analysis etc.)
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience, demonstrated preferably in a related field, industry or discipline.
• Knowledge and good understanding of the capital markets ecosystem.
• A positive attitude and good interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to understand broad business issues.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current salary and benefits as well as your expected salary, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Tuesday, 20th December 2022.
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Securities Exchange PLC
The Exchange, 55 Westlands Road P.O. Box 43633-
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.