Jobs at:Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Deadline of this Job:
21 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is responsible for analysis and interpretation of remuneration data and carrying out of Job evaluation in line with the relevant Guidelines towards the achievement of equitable, affordable and fair remuneration in the public sector.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Analyse remuneration for all State and Public Officers to ensure rationalization and harmonization of remuneration structures;
• Undertake studies on remuneration trends in the market for state, public and private sectors to determine comparable worth of jobs in public sector;
• Evaluate the existing and proposed remuneration packages to inform analysis and recommendations to the commission;
• Conduct comparative analysis of the submitted remuneration data against several defined parameters/models and make appropriate recommendations and forecasts in line with current and expected future trends;
• Carry out job evaluation and re-evaluation of jobs in the public sector institutions as per the job evaluation guidelines approved by the Commission;
• Implement and report on job evaluation and salary structures work plans;
• Identify and report on the functional risk elements arising from the departmental operations;
• Prepare reports arising from the proceedings of the Commission’s Technical Committee meetings;
• Draft communication letters to public sector institutions arising from Commission decisions in matters relating to remuneration;
• Collect and Collate data on salary surveys to provide benchmark salaries payable to public officers;
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Human Resources, Statistics, Public Administration) or relevant field of study from a recognised university.
• Professional Qualifications /Membership to professional bodies
• Relevant professional qualification; and
• Membership to a relevant professional body
• Previous relevant work experience required.
• Relevant work experience of at least six (6) years in a reputable organization;
Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
• Meets the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution;
• Be conversant with Public Service Policies and practices on remuneration systems;
• Good understanding of the Kenyan labour laws;
• Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
• Demonstrated successes in the field of employee and compensation and remuneration policy formulation;
• Practical knowledge in the field of job evaluation and remuneration policy;
• Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment;
• Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence;
• knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards;
• Financial management skills;
• Analytical skills; and
• Interpersonal skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, copy of identification card and professional certificates and testimonials.
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing original copies of the following documents during interviews;
A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report)
A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 21st November, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.