Senior Principal Accountant
Jobs at:National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Deadline of this Job:
21 March 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Deputy Director Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include but not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory obligations;
• Monitoring expenditures and forecasting of the same;
• Ensuring timely closing of accounts;
• Coordinating preparation of financial statements and management accounts;
• Reviewing & approving payment vouchers & journal entries and signing of cheques;
• Establishing and maintaining systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns;
• Liaising with other departments to ensure success of cost reduction initiatives;
• Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving it;
• Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial officers;
• Liaising with other functions to put the finances and accounts in context;
• Organizing and managing the Accounts section;
• Coordinating accounting work and advising Management on financial policies and procedures;
• Interpreting and applying financial and management policies;
• Budgetary control and implementing of financial returns;
• Ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transactions;
• Designing and reviewing, controlling and implementing the financial management and accounting systems;
• Supervising, guiding, appraising and developing staff in the Accounts section.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
• A minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in a management role in the Public Service or Private Sector.
• Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other relevant professional body.
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• Good Communication skills.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All the above positions are on permanent and pensionable terms of service except for the position of Corporation Secretary/Director Legal Services – Grade E2, which is on a three (3) years renewable contract.
• Download and complete the Bio-data Job Application Form
• Submit an application letter attaching the following:
• Completed Bio-data Job Application Form.
• CV with full details of education and professional qualifications indicating names and contacts of three referees.
• Copies of academic certificates and transcripts, professional certifications and testimonials.
• Email applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered and posted applications
Hand delivered or posted applications, as appropriate, should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked to;
The Director General
National Environment Management Authority
1st Floor, NEMA Headquarters
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
PO. Box 67839 – 00200
The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter. All applications should be received by 5 p.m. on 21st March, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.