Senior Procurement Associate, G7 Nairobi
Jobs at:United Nations World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include relief assistance, safety-net support including school feeding, nutrition programmes and livelihood support through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and capacity strengthening.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates; female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Associate under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer, will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist with the operational coordination to support procurement projects and activities and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services;
• Identify, assess and recommend potential suppliers and ensure vital data/documents are distributed to support the selection of suppliers;
• Issue Tenders for services and goods;
• Review and prioritize purchasing requests and provide recommendations to requisitioners for procurement of products at the best cost to WFP;
• Contribute to discussions with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders with guidance from Procurement Officer to acquire the best terms and costs for WFP;
• Review and prepare purchase orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the partner to enable efficient purchase of goods and services;
• Design, develop and supervise the maintenance of databases and records;
• Conduct research and analysis on a range of data to produce reports providing insights and recommendations to Procurement Officers for decision making;
• Act as an escalation point collaborating closely with suppliers and provide solutions to sophisticated issues related to delivered goods;
• Collaborate with internal partners to align procurement activities with the wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
• Supervise a team of staff providing advice, mentorship and training;
• Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP respond to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.