Senior Specialist, Cost and Pricing
Jobs at:Winrock International
Deadline of this Job:
06 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Specialist, Cost and Pricing
• Develop business volume response for cost and price proposals including Firm Fixed Price, T&M, and CPFF/CPAF/CPIF, ensuring accuracy and compliance with RFP/Contract requirements.
• Assist the Proposal Manager(s) and Proposal Leader(s) with preparing Executive Level briefings on high value proposals.
• Confirm adherence to FAR, DFAR, AIDAR, CAS and corporate policies and procedures about cost proposal preparation, review, submission, and negotiation.
• Lead partner negotiations and cost proposal documents review (budget, budget narrative, NICRA, etc.)
• Communicate effectively and manage deadlines pertaining to partners and subcontractors
• Develop Pricing Templates and update other internal templates in accordance with individualized client requirements and institutional needs.
• Contribute strategic and tactical advice; provide risk and profitability assessments and make other recommendations to proposal team(s).
• Review proposal team inputs (labor, management and operational strategy, procurement, subcontractor inputs, etc.) to ensure compliance with government regulations, including compliance with internal company policies, cost estimating practices, FAR, CAS, and solicitation requirements.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Awards Management, Subcontracts, Compliance, or HR on specific proposals and portfolio processes.
• Conduct desk research and analysis on US Government and other donor regulation policies including (but not limited to) Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition.
• Participate in prime and subcontractor proposal negotiations
• Manage subrecipients/subcontractors as a part of the cost proposal process and perform activities including providing budget assumptions and guidance, taking the lead in negotiating budgets, developing required budget templates, and ensuring final submissions conform to donor requirements. Provide cost guidelines, standards, and templates.
• Contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost- effective proposals/ideas/suggestions.
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned as necessary, based on ongoing business and resource needs
• Bachelors required or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Contracts preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in pricing, financial analysis, and/or cost management experience.
• Experience with financial project management and pricing related to USAID, USDA, and/or DOL funding strongly preferred.
• High level of skills with Excel
• Knowledge of US Government regulations including FAR Parts 12 and 15 and agency supplements, estimating systems, and cost accounting standards
• Experience with pricing various contract types across various contract vehicles
• Ability to support a fast-paced, high-volume, and diverse workload
• Experience constructing pricing models in Excel; advanced Excel skills are highly desirable including pivot tables, charts, and VLOOKUPs.
• Experience implementing pricing strategies, structures, tools, and communications such as competitive price analysis and aspects of negotiation, accounting practice, contracts administration, and project management.
• Interaction with team subcontractors providing guidance/templates and collecting required data for cost submittal.
• Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possession of excellent analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills
• Basic proficiency in budgeting, cost recovery, financial modelling, fee analysis and strategy, and analytics
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• Collaboration with finance, business development, awards management, project management, and senior management.
• Strong interpersonal skills for managing relationships with finance, business development, awards management, project management, and senior management - and ability to provide sound guidance to proposal team(s).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.