Senior Syndications and Co-Financing Officer
Jobs at:Trade and Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior Syndications & Co-Financing Officer is responsible for identification and execution of syndicated loans as well as Co-Financing, Credit Analysis, Debt Capital Market assessment with market sounding research, risk management and mitigation, sharing responsibilities where appropriate with co-arrangers including, perform market soundings and provide risk appetite feedback to senior management for their consideration.
The Senior Syndications & Co-Financing Officer performs the following duties:
• Origination responsibility; in consultation with the sector teams, identify potential targets for syndication and co-financing and discuss with the sector teams on pitching; origination includes providing structuring guidance to investment officers and task manages and actively participate in presenting proposals and mandate letters to clients.
• Formation of close working relationships with other teams within and outside the Bank; being a good syndication and Co-Financing translator also means excellent relationships with all the African market. Manage and update the pipeline report on weekly basis.
• Design, maintain and update all presentations, pitch books, communication and marketing material to internal and external parties.
• Manage and update various documents relating to each transaction such as the working party list, roles and responsibilities of each party, and work plan/timetable.
• Maintain and be accountable for all documentation requirements and record keeping on a country by country basis.
• Maintain and be accountable for the availability of all team files on the shared information drive.
• Execute syndicated loan transactions, sharing responsibilities where appropriate with co-arrangers including, perform market soundings and provide risk appetite feedback to senior management for their fair consideration, assist with various aspects of organizing roadshow presentation on a deal by deal basis with local staff on the ground.
• Actively participate in the balance sheet optimization transactions including identifying existing assets for potential secondary sale, obtain market feedback on likely cost of sale and, where applicable, seek all the necessary approvals.
• Assist the team with any other ad hoc administrative issues which need to be deal with, such as periodically updating the client and investor database.
• Obtain periodic updates on economic indicators from in country colleagues in relation to yield curve and exchange rate movements as well as using information platforms such as Bloomberg, and Loanradar,
• Assist in progressing the understanding of syndication and co-financing internally and externally.
• Prepare credit and financial analysis, models, valuations relating to clients.
• In consultation with the sector teams, conduct due diligence investigations of clients.
• Support and where possible, undertake the preparation of detailed memoranda and presentations describing the key attributes of client companies.
• Incorporate and utilize internal co-financing facilities as part of the financing package to clients.
Qualifications and Competencies
• A Masters' degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial/Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Debt Capital Market and Syndicated Loans.
• Strong accounting, credit and financial analysis skills.
• Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting environment.
• Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management of client relationships.
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications.
• Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.