Senior Tax Associate
Jobs at:KKCO East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Tax Associate
KKCO East Africa LLP is an independent accounting and advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants situated in Nairobi, Kenya and is a member of DFK International, a major international association of independent accounting firms and business advisers. For more information, please visit www.kkcoeastafrica.com
• Offers technical guidance on direct and indirect taxation.
• Possess deep technical expertise and knowledge in tax laws and regulations.
• Review tax computations and tax returns, i-tax reconciliations prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
• Responsible for growing the tax department clients’ portfolio and revenue growth.
• Recognize cross-selling opportunities and follow up on leads.
• Provide leadership to the department.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Supervise and direct interns, staff and seniors and provide feedback.
• Responsible for billing and collection on engagements.
• Manage the department costs/expenses.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients.
• Manage client expectations concerning new tax laws and engagements.
• Representing clients in tax audits, compliance checks and investigations as well as handling objections and appeals. Conduct training (internal & external).
• Responsible for timely update of Tax Watch (Our regular Tax Advisory newsletter to clients).
• Perform other job-related duties as may deem necessary.
Key Performance Measures
• Timely and successful handling/clearance of tax matters – tax cases as well as filing of tax returns. Provision of accurate and value add services to clients.
• Growth in tax clientele as well as tax revenue.
• Regular release of Tax Watch newsletter.
• Quality standards achieved on tax assignments as per KKCO East Africa LLP standards.
• Performance management, coaching and training of staff on matters tax.
• Regular external tax training workshop/seminars.
• Responsive to client needs - Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients.
• Technical competence in interpretation and application of tax laws and regulations
• A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Finance, Law, Economics, or any business-related disciplines.
• Full CPA (K), or ACCA professional qualifications.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in tax in reputable tax consultancy firm or audit firm. Minimum period of 2 years in audit assurance.
• Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and practice.
• Proficiency in iTax procedures and tax laws and regulations
• Diploma/Post graduate diploma in tax (KESRA) will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.