Senior Teleradiology and PACS Systems Administrator
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
• Perform and coordinate and monitor the installation, configuration and connection of the PACS system and software related to digital radiology and Teleradiology for IOM field operations worldwide, in coordination with IT focal persons in the field.
• Perform and monitor day-to-day housekeeping/maintenance of the Teleradiology PACS software, databases and other various Teleradiology software services in Manila IOM Global Teleradiology Center and local missions worldwide.
• Provide real-time technical support and troubleshooting of bio-data and system errors for PACS systems and Teleradiology applications databases and servers running in The Center and different missions worldwide.
• Prepare and maintain technical documents, like users’ instructions, manuals and technical support guides to be used by the Center and users worldwide.
• Perform the necessary system set-up and configuration as part of the technical preparation during /implementation of IOM Teleradiology service to new IOM field missions and non-IOM Panel sites in different parts of the world, in coordination with the focal IT colleagues in field missions as applicable.
• Plan and conduct online/onsite and user technical training workshops for medical IT colleagues and Teleradiology users in Migration Health Department (MHD) field operations and other end-users worldwide.
• Act as a focal point for the Regional Teleradiology Center for any Teleradiology and PACS systems technical issues and provide support as needed.
• Participate in the evaluation of Digital Radiology and Teleradiology systems related software and hardware solutions; customize open source software for enhancement, adding functionality and integrating with existing Teleradiology and PACS systems.
• Develop, test and maintain Teleradiology reports in SQL Reporting Services and providing regular reports as needed.
• Perform the Teleradiology service process as needed including routine clerical, data reports, and administrative works and monitoring the daily workflow and capacity tracking as needed.
• Keep track and record of the readings in Teleradiology systems, the submission of the Chest X-Ray images and the reports to the eMedical websites, and the notification to the missions when needed.
• Provide technical support during weekends, holidays or outside working hours as well as “stand-by” focal person on a rotation basis upon request or as needed.
• Guide, coordinate, and monitor work of the Teleradiology service assistants as needed and promote and monitor observance of the daily smooth primary reading coordination, workflow and timeliness.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
• Completed university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
• Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Certificate in PACS administration or Health informatics is an advantage
• Experience with PACS system administration, digital radiology and Teleradiology. Understanding of the industry an advantage.
• Experience with SQL and J2EE, JBoss, Apache Web and Tomcat; configuration management of Enterprise applications.
• Experience with PHP and .Net is an added advantage;
• Strong software development skills; strong skills in SQL development, database integration with web-based applications is advantageous;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated skills in systems analysis and design techniques, testing and documentation required
• Required: Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge of French; and/or any other UN Official language is advantageous.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit cover letter indicating the Position Title & Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), and CV with telephone and e-mail contacts including 3 Referees (Supervisors) to: IOM, RO Human Resources Department, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.