Service Line Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
19 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Service Line Accountant
Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Monitor revenue billing progress and escalate adverse variances on a weekly basis.
• Perform monthly reconciliation for alarms billed versus alarms monitored.
• Supporting the sales team with deal desks, bidding, price modeling to maximize gross margin and profitability.
• Management of supplier relationships including entry of items in the company.
• Preparing all suppliers' and statutory payments.
• Maintaining bank mandate for the service line and performing bank reconciliations on a timely basis.
• Management of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) including completion of returns and timely response to queries to KRA.
• General ledger management for G4S fire accounts, posting and recording general ledger transactions in a timely manner for month end and year end reporting.
• Processing of Management accounts by Close of Business (CoB) workday 5 of the following month and ESS reports.
• Submission of monthly General Ledger (GL) reconciliations between 15th and 20th of every month.
• Conduct and supervise monthly inventory stock takes and maintaining reconciliation schedules.
• Supporting internal audit by providing required schedules and support documents. Timely resolution of internal audit findings within the set closure time.
• Supporting external audits by providing schedules and required documents. Financial statements preparation (financial statements to be signed by the timelines advised by the group)
• Planning, budgeting and analyzing information including variance analysis and bridges covering end month reporting, budgets and latest forecasts.
Financial Controls and Risk Management
• Continuously check and ensure that the Group's accounting policies, procedures and principles are correctly applied in close cooperation with the controlling department.
• Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
• Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system.
• Oversee the maintenance of fixed assets and other company registers of G4S Fire Limited
• Supervise and check the release of end-of-year statutory financial statements, tax and legal statements.
• Ensure reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
• Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations.
• Oversee the preparation of the company's tax returns and other periodic statutory deductions.
• Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
• Registered Member of ICPAK (CPA (K)) or internationally recognized professional accountancy body.
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting.
• Relevant experience in audit in a large / international audit firm will be an added advantage.
• Working experience with ERP systems will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.