Small Grants Management Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Design a small grants mechanism which provide peace dividends, strengthen community resilience and strengthen linkages between community, government and aid initiatives.
• Oversee all grants related activities such grant administration policies, procedures, systems, and all documentation and provide control mechanisms for all grants.
• Coordinate with the team leader, Sr stabilization advisor, gender and social inclusion advisor and finance manager to ensure a transparent process for the entire grant life cycle from pre-award management, tracking payments, reviewing or producing relevant reports, monitoring and post-award management.
• Review and approve grant awards and work with project and partner staff to develop and maintain all grant agreements.
• Track that all project deliverables are completed on time and are of high quality work.
• Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
• Analyzing and evaluating grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
• Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
• Preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
• Coordinate technical, administrative and financial capacity strengthening support and mentoring to CSOs and community-led initiatives who apply for and deliver the small grants to maximize the impact.
• Master degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable, experience in stabilisation, CVE and/or peacebuilding is an added advantage;
• At least 10 years’ experience in international development and peacebuilding with a minimum of five years experience in sub-grants management, preferably in Kenya and/or Somalia region.
• Solid understanding of CSSF/UK AID donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management is an added value;
• Ability to analyse technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether or not applicants should be funded;
• Ability to analyse budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
• Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
• Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English, Swahili and Somali is a strong added advantage.
• A deep knowledge of Somali culture is an added advantage.
• Ability to write clear and analytical reports on programme outcomes and impact.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and in written.
• Demonstrates effectiveness and strong experience with short and long-term planning; financial, personnel and program management.
• Proven ability to communicate, negotiate and work with CSOs and engage with community initiatives and individuals who are not familiar with project management.
• Proven capacity in assisting communities and small CBOs to turn viable community ideas into initiatives that can be supported through small grants.
• Strong ability to work with CBOs and community initiatives promote sustainability and avoid aid dependency.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment successfully and to demonstrate gender responsive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
• Excellent ability to interact with people respectfully and with tact
• Strong writing and communications skills in English and French is required. Knowledge of local language is an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application to email@example.com on or before 30 September 2022, 23:59 pm, Nairobi time. Kindly note that the CVs will be reviewed on rolling basis, please apply early!
• “Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered. The application must include:
• a complete curriculum vitae
• a letter of interest
• an acknowledgement letter, answering the following questions:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.