Sr. Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya)
Deadline of this Job:
08 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sr. Internal Auditor
• Contribute to the periodic update of the internal audit manual, setting out specific procedures and audit activities.
• Assist with the annual compilation process for the global audit plan.
• Assist in staff training and development at country levels on risk and internal control related topics.
• Perform audit level engagement planning in collaboration with the GIA Director.
• Lead audit engagement process in country offices under the direction of the GIA Director.
• Conduct assurance activities in accordance with GIA procedures, including scoping of an audit engagement, developing an audit program for area under review, identifying internal control deficiencies, clarifying root causes of issues noted and ensuring compilation of timely and effective corrective action plans.
• Test and document via concise working papers the adequacy of the design and effectiveness of internal controls.
• Interact with Country, Business Unit and Program Leaders in ways that ensure cooperation is achieved and audit value is delivered.
• Maintain sound metrics around delivery of audit results, both quantitative and qualitative measures as defined.
• Coach and train leaders and staff at the field/project level in best practice standards on risk management and internal controls.
• Document and communicate audit results in accordance with professional standards and FH’s internal audit procedures.
• Based on the follow-up plans, tactfully and proactively follow-up on findings as identified during audits and reviews.
• Continuously monitor and report status of implementation of agreed action plans on a quarterly basis.
• Assist in performing special investigation into allegations of malpractices such as fraud, loss, waste, and abuse, when called upon and under the guidance of GIA Director.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs.
• Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), and virtual technologies such as Skype and Zoom.
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Strong intercultural communication skills, able to acclimate to the various national environments in which FH operates.
• High integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics.
• Intermediate knowledge of risk management and compliance processes and practices.
• Ability to lead and perform compliance reviews and develop a system that ensures effective compliance with donor and country regulations.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time per year in the US and internationally, sometimes to insecure countries or locations.
• At least 4+ years of external audit, internal audit, risk management and/or compliance experience including performing operational reviews and fraud investigation.
• Working awareness and knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework from the Institute of Internal Auditors is a must.
• Experience in conducting risk assessments in a complex global organization is a must.
• Experience with US Government regulations such as the 2 CFR 200, as well as other multinational and private donor regulations is a plus.
• Non-profit (NGO) ministry experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting, internal audit, compliance, risk management or similar area required.
• Certification such as CIA, CPA, ACCA, CFE or related certifications is strongly preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Food for the Hungry (FH Kenya) on workforcenow.adp.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.