Jobs at:Dove Nest Lodge
Deadline of this Job:
12 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Procurement/Stores Officer.
Job location: Peppercorn Holiday Resort & Dove nest Lodge-Naivasha.
We are looking for an organized, experienced store keeper to be responsible for all stock, staff management, and planning promotional campaigns for the store.
To be successful as a store keeper you must be able to multitask and perform under pressure while remaining professional with customers. A good store keeper is able to manage stock by keeping a record of sales and ordering the required replacement items, occasionally making new product purchases that consumers may enjoy. Experience in the hospitality Industry is most encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
2. Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
3. Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
4. Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
5. Keeping a record of sales and restocking the store accordingly.
6. Managing and training store staff.
7. Planning promotional campaigns for new products or specials.
8. Ensuring that the store is kept clean and organized.
9. Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
10. Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
11. Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
12. Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
13. Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
14. Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
1. A degree/Higher Diploma in procurement.
2. 3 years work experience in storekeeping.
3. Must have experience in the hospitality industry.
4. Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
5. Energetic: The job of a storekeeper requires some physical labor, so it is vital that they can lift 50 pounds unaided
6. Computer Skills: Applicants are required to have some computer skills to work with computerized inventory system and data entry skills to update the inventory control system
7. Communication Skills: They need great written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with others and maintain appropriate store records
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply ,send your cv only to firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com on or before 12th January 2023.Clearly indicate the exact position (STORE KEEPER) applied for and your minimum salary expectations on the subject line, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.