Strategic Expert to Review Current Trigger Points of Benefit Sharing and Digital Sequencing Information
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsibilities: The consultant will carry out the work assignment below:
• Review, assess current trigger points for benefit sharing under the digital sequence information (DSI) in CBD, FAO, BBNJ and WHO, as relevant and available.
• Prepare an analytical report on trigger points for benefit sharing based on the decisions and discussions on benefit sharing elements under the DSI
• Include in the above report, such benefit sharing triggers for consideration by stakeholders focusing on issues of BBNJ, WHO pandemic treaty and FAO discussions on DSI and benefit sharing.
• Prepare one presentation on the key elements of the above reports.
• A Bachelor’s degree in environment, humanities, management, social sciences, related fields is required.
• Proven expertise in working on issues of benefit sharing, CBD and DSI related policy issues.
• At least 4 years of experience in dealing with CBD, benefit sharing MEAs, policy related issues.
• Experience in DSI and benefit sharing issues
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat., fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) on careers.un.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.