Supervisor – Audit & Asset Tracing
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This role is responsible for carrying out lifestyle investigations, staff vetting and background checks in the unit.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
• Participate in development, review and implementation of frameworks, policies & procedures for Vetting & Lifestyle Audit unit.
• Prepare preliminary investigation reports to identify cases for Lifestyle Audit and submit to Assistant Manager for review.
• Collection & evaluation of information that will enable assessment of whether the lifestyle of the officer is consistent with the known sources of income.
• Conduct surveillance, identification and Asset tracing in respect of lifestyle audit process.
• Liaise with relevant Multi- agencies e.g. Asset Recovery Agencies/ EACC, ODPP for purpose of safeguarding and preserving illegally acquired Assets.
• Identification of other criminal actors/ associates and new leads during Lifestyle Audit process.
• Collaborate with other relevant agencies for collection of data and information related to lifestyle audits.
• Review completed Lifestyle Audit cases with necessary recommendations to the Assistant Manager for appropriate action.
• Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Assistant Manager Audit and Asset tracing
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Carry out day-to-day operations in the unit
• Implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
• Implement initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
• Office Setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• Bachelor degree in Law, Social Sciences, Survey and Mapping, Finance or Commerce from a recognized university
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Should be a member of a professional body recognized in Kenya
• Ethics, Certificate in Criminal/Fraud Investigations
Previous relevant work experience required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
• People management skills
• Risk management and analysis
• Results driven and analytical
• Strong decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Technological ability
• Process management
• Tax business understanding
• Tax fraud and investigation
• Tax legislation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.