Jobs at:Kenya Red Cross Society
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure adequate and effective governance, internal control and risk management processes and systems and provide an assurance of the same. The role is also responsible for information system audit on general and application control reviews.
• Examine internal IT controls, evaluate the design and operational effectiveness, determine exposure to risk, and develop remediation strategies.
• Participate in the change management process.
• Conduct efficient and effective IT audit procedures.
• Communicate complex technical issues in simplified terms to the relevant staff.
• Review compliance to policies, procedure and regulations
• Analyse deficiencies in management controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or irregularities to improve the control environment
• Assist external audit and law enforcement agencies in conducting audits
• Follow up recommendations made in both internal and external audit reports
• Review presented evidence and information in order to unearth cases of fraud and theft
• Prepare periodic audit reports, showing findings and making appropriate recommendations
• Develop a strong understanding of business and system processes.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems Management (Computer Science), Business IT (BBIT), Business Administration, Commerce or related fields.
• Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• CPA (K) or ACCA (UK) qualification
• Member a relevant professional body
• Certified Internal Auditor qualification will be an added advantage
• Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience
• Technical skills to effectively perform IS Audit activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves established quality standards or benchmarks.
• Demonstrated understanding of internal auditing standards in respect of audit, internal control, risk and governance principles.
• Good data analytical skills and ability to use software such as ACL and other analytical tools
• Quality work output, contributes to team success, initiating action, applied learning.
• Formal presentation and impactful report writing skills
• Good Communication skills and ability to engage with various stakeholders
• Experience in general auditing of small organisations (CBO’s or CSO’s)
• Effective root cause analysis
• Knowledge in HIV programs/ general donor funded programs an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.