Tax Controversy & Dispute Resolution Expert
Jobs at:PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role will involve you dealing with tax enquiries and investigations from the early stages of assessment, to the settlement of the tax dispute through Alternative Dispute Resolution or supporting them in resolving the disputes through the Tax Tribunal.
We would like to recruit an ambitious, highly motivated and dynamic person as a TCDR (Tax Controversy & Dispute Resolution) Manager. As a Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex tax issues.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Support in delivery of designated client engagement projects
• Managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables
• Conducting legal research and drafting of opinions, advice, and proposals
• Case law research in relation to the issues raised by tax authorities
• Keep up-to-date with developments in tax legislation
• Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbal and written.
• Build and maintain an internal and external network.
• Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
• Ensure compliance with risk management procedures on own and team assignments.
• Comply with internal/external PwC risk management requirements and ensure that all client engagements are performed in accordance with PwC risk and quality protocol
• Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
• Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
Technical and soft skills required:
• Advising the client on tax issues relating to the tax audits / investigations and its implications
• Review document for onward submission to the tax authorities
• Resolution of issues between the client company and tax authorities
• To strategize on finalization and settlement of the client’s tax disputed to:
• Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of tax law
• Consultations with clients and counsel
• Attending Tax Appeals Tribunal
• Conducting ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) with a view to settling potentially litigious matters
Technical and soft skills required:
• Good understanding of the tax legal framework in Kenya.
• Post admission experience in litigation
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and analytical skills
• High quality research and drafting skills.
• Ability to conduct own caseload with minimal supervision
• High accuracy and attention to detail.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
Creative problem solver
Excellent at formulating persuasive legal and commercial arguments
Minimum years experience requiredAt least 4-8 years post admission experience in Tax Dispute Resolution
Bachelor’s Law Degree from a recognized university
A post graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
Training or experience in tax will be an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.