Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About The Role
• BURN is looking for a tax officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the various taxes and work on accurate preparation and timely reporting of all Tax returns for all African entities within the group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining VAT, WH VAT & WHT compliance systems and managing monthly filing processes
• Prepare and maintain monthly reconciliations for VAT, WH VAT & WHT
• Assist in lodging and following up on VAT refunds with the revenue authorities
• Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities.
• Maintain a monthly returns calendar
• Collaborate with the Global Tax & Compliance Manager to keep an update on tax laws and tax changes across Burn’s operational territories
• Liaise with the Finance department to prepare monthly filing schedules
• Assist in any other tasks as may be assigned by the Global Tax and Compliance Manager.
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or in a relevant field.
• CPA Certification
• 3+ years’ proven work experience in taxation and in using tax preparation software and applications.
• MS Office skills i.e., the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with ERP systems – preferably Microsoft NAV
• Fluency in English (Written and spoken), preferable knowledge of French/Portuguese
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.