Jobs at:Stanbic Bank
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Full understanding of all applicable taxation laws, rules and regulations
• Ensure compliance with all taxation reporting and filling requirements. This includes preparation and submission of monthly and annual tax returns and making the tax payments by the due dates.
• Substantiate all the tax accounts by ensuring that all the bank's tax accounts and entries are upto date and correct on a monthly basis.
• Understand the tax procedures in the payments process and confirm the accuracy of tax deductions by the payments team.
• Provide first line tax support to business units.
• Understand the budgeting process and the tax impact on the budgeted items.
• Evaluate and advise on tax implications of proposed or alternative business decisions.
• Build relationships and interact with the KRA officers, external advisors and auditors.
Demonstrate accounting and financial information
• Understand general financial information and apply it to tax solutions.
• Interpret financial information and knowledge of financial systems, financial concepts and ability to apply these to tax solutions.
• ability to work with financial auditors and tax advisors, respond to findings and implement recommendations
Customer oriented approach
• Understand customer/ clients requirements and proactively seek to satisfy these requirements.
• Manage and take responsibility for quality, consistency and continuity of customer service management both within finance and wider bank.
Influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
Manage emotions positively, in order to sustain positive relationships with workmates.
• Demonstrate Business Etiquette in Oral/written/Telephone communication skills;
• Communicate standard work information either verbally or in writing in a clear and concise way- Taking account of audience and readership;
• Prepare and present information to different audiences which is effective and understood;
• Project and professional image in communications and physical presentation.
Manage and coordinate external tax advisors
• Understand and query the tax advice to align it to business needs.
• Implement the tax opinions provided by external advisers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting, or related field. CPA or ACCA Finalist or equivalent.
• 3 to 4 years’ experience in a tax, controls or audit role (2 years experience in a financial institution (areas of working experience would be Financial reporting, payments, reconciliations and controls, risk, internal audit and tax).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.