Jobs at:Makini High School
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 14 2023
Date Posted: Sunday, July 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Actively encourage and facilitate the formation of each student’s moral character, unique skills, capacities and talents through continuous improvement in ensuring quality education
Duties & Responsibilities Of The Jobs
• Endeavour to maintain and develop the ethos of the school in accordance with the directions given by the Directors and subject thereto, the directions given by the Principal.
• Teach a class of students and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
• Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and the Directors.
• Ensure that the agreed conditions of employment for school teachers are met.
• Implement agreed school policies and guidelines in consultation with the Principal.
• Support initiatives decided by the Principal and other staff.
• Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all students through differentiation of tasks.
• Be able to set clear targets based on prior attainment for student’ learning.
• Provide a stimulating classroom environment where resources can be accessed appropriately by all students.
• Keep appropriate and efficient records of work, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and termly planning.
• Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students.
• Maintain good order and discipline amongst students in accordance with the school’s behavior policy.
• Participate in meetings which relate to the school’s management, curriculum, administration as well as organization.
• Lead, organize and direct support staff within the classroom.
• Participate in the performance management system for effective service delivery.
• Attend staff meetings, seminars and co-curricular events that are associated with the school curriculum.
• Carry out supervisory duties as required.
• Assist with out-of-school activities as may be needed from time to time.
• Ensure prompt and regular attendance of students and report any absence to the Principal or Deputy Principal in good time.
• Promote a professional image of self as a teacher.
• Always dress appropriately as a professional and uphold the school’s image.
• Undertake such duties that may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties of the post. Any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Principal, Deputy Principal or any other senior management staff
Qualifications, Experience & Skills (minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job)
Education & Professional Certification
• Bachelor of Education degree (Education) option or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution
• Be a registered TSC member
• Demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of current educational issues relating to the specialist subject areas
• Strong leadership skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Embrace team spirit
• Ability to work with a diverse student body
List of essential experience
• A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in a recognized school
Essential qualities or behaviours
• Be willing to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower students
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.