Team Lead, Internal Audit
Jobs at:United Bank for Africa (UBA) Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 20 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Audit Officer is responsible for performing the full audit cycle including audit operations of the bank, risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. Implementing and monitoring audit policies, procedures, practices, programs, and processes
• Systematically evaluate the framework for internal control, risk management, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, policies and procedures of the Bank to ensure that the operations of the Bank are carried out in a safe and effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the development and revision/update of the annual audit strategy and work plan in conjunction with the Head of Audit.
• Ensure the system of internal controls is functioning effectively by conducting protective and constructive audits of control mechanisms, financial records and workflow systems
• Prepare appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified risks and achievement of desired audit objectives as stipulated in the audit charter
• Conduct full audits, spot checks on Head Office departments and Branches.
• Document findings (including identified control weaknesses/lapses) and proffer appropriate recommendations to ensure the optimal use of IT to support business objectives in a controlled manner.
• Participate in the Departmental meetings and activities as required.
• Conduct prompt investigation of frauds, disciplinary issues, whistle-blowing cases and other irregularities that come to the knowledge of the unit.
• Ensure all escalated audit exceptions open in the business office and departments are properly closed.
• Ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded therein.
• Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant reports as may be required by Head, Internal Audit.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Internal Audit.
• First degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Banking & Finance or related discipline.
• Masters and/or Professional qualification in accounting e.g. CIA ACCA, CPA, CISA
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in auditing in a reputable banking institution.
Key Competency Requirements
• Core Banking Processes
• Data Gathering and Analysis
• Banking Regulatory Requirements
• Internal Control/Audit
• Business Risk Management
• Credit Analysis
• Accounting and Tax
• Excellent Report Writing & Presentation Skills
• Decision Making
• Facilitation/Knowledge Sharing
• Professionalism/Interpersonal Relationship
• Systemic thinking/Innovation
• Problem Solving
• Time Management/ Prioritization
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to United Bank for Africa (UBA) Kenya on app.ismartrecruit.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.