Team Lead IT Finance and Cost Optimization
Deadline of this Job:
28 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The objective of this role is to define and manage Information Technology and Operations Financial accounting in Equity Group
The strategic roles include:
• Budget planning encompassing capital, operational expenditure, and staff costs amongst others
• Provide budget execution related reports to stakeholders as required
• Breaking down IT costs into defined categories e.g. consumption based (variable technology usage: Telecommunication, Data center), project based (initiatives) and infrastructure based (fixed cost: network infrastructure)
• Identifying and Containing IT cost drivers.
• Participate in evaluation of potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement.
• Managing software licenses to maintain the optimal number of licenses and support business requirements. Ensure that the number of licenses owned is sufficient to cover the installed software in use.
• Develop financial models and criteria used to evaluate alternative IT investments.
• Regularly review the overall asset base to identify ways to optimize value in line with business needs.
• Identify assets that are critical in providing service capability.
• Maximize their reliability and availability to support business needs.
• Develop a model for continuous Cost optimization within the group Operation and Technology.
• Monitoring 3rd party invoicing and deliverables as to contract adherence suggesting corrective actions.
• Monitoring budget-execution levels reporting any variances to Senior management among other bank stakeholders
• Monitoring and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics set in the contracts.
• Liaise with Procurement to ensure prompt IT Services Contracts renewal.
• Monthly reporting on IT budget performance
• Liaising with procurement partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary.
• Managing the risks, Audit and compliance items related to IT Asset management.
• Maintain an up-to-date, accurate record of all IT assets that are required to deliver services and that are owned or controlled by the organization with an expectation of future benefit (including resources with economic value, such as hardware or software) processes, costs, and budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Masters preferred.
• Five (5+) years’ experience in IT Financial Management role preferably in a financial services’ setting.
• 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including IT Financial Management. Experience in financial services preferred.
• Experience with ISO 20,000 IT Finance management
• Experience with IT Asset Life Cycle Management
• Very Sound in IT Project Finance and value realization
• Experience in IT Service Charge Back and Cost reallocation
• Experience in Budget Planning, execution, and Tracking
• Experience with environments containing multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
• Experience working/leading projects executed using Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Demonstrable communication skills – ability to convey complex design solutions in user friendly language to senior non-technical
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
follow the link to apply https://boards.greenhouse.io/azenia/jobs/4423576004?utm_
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.