Technical Officer, Nutrition
Jobs at:Gold Star Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
09 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, May 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
The project has these key sub-purposes:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support in implementation of nutrition interventions covering RMNCH and HIV programming within the stated program areas.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. • Support integration of nutrition services in various clinics with particular reference to RMNCH programs, child survival and integration into T.B. and HIV & AIDS interventions.
2. • Actively participate in the sub-county and health facility supervision activities.
3. • Capture, update existing data and give summaries for nutrition services in line with the HMIS and the CHANIS- ensuring active growth monitoring in the CWC, maternal nutrition incorporated in the ANC, FP and post-natal clinics.
4. • Conduct mentorships to HCWs and by extension CHVs to increase the capacity for nutrition assessment, interventions, and monitoring.
5. • Support micro-nutrient supplementation, deworming and reporting of the same in the DHIS.
6. • Provide nutrition update to clinical and program staff.
7. • Develop and ensure integration of nutrition activities in the facility work plan.
8. • Support the Implementation comprehensive MIYCN program with strong Behavior Change Communication approaches in line with the county nutrition action plans.
9. • Support development of clear nutritional referral and linkage systems within the different departments in the health facility.
10. • Strengthen nutrition indicator monitoring and evaluation systems within the health facility.
11. • Make recommendations on effective, evidence-based and cost-effective nutrition-intervention approaches and activities.
12. • Compile a detailed report on nutrition interventions on a monthly and quarterly basis and provide feedback through presentation to the Project Management Team (PMT) with summarized accomplishments, recommendations and budget.
13. • Offer technical support to other projects within the organization based on need.
14. • Supporting and overseeing implementation of community nutrition activities, behaviour change practices and developing nutrition strategies for sustained nutritional health programs
15. • Represented the organization in multisectorial forums involving different stakeholders, e.g. collaboration with Ministry of Livestock, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education among others
16. • Support in policy development, advocacy, proposal writing, development of work plans for donor support, compiling program reports which includes the quarterly and annual nutrition reports as well as development of County Nutrition Action Plans ( Baringo and Nakuru)
17. • Participate in National policy development forum- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition in Emergencies policy
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in supervision and mentorship is essential
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills in nutrition programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Strong, experience-based facilitation and negotiation skills.
• Strong training skills.
• Creativity, innovative and ability to adopt to challenging work environments.
Minimum Requirement Standards:
• Registered by the Kenya Nutrition and Dietetics Institute with a valid practice license.
• Master’s degree with 5-7 years relevant work experience.
• TOT on Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) and Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM)
• TOT on Positive Deviance Hearth model(PD-Hearth)
• Trained on Monitoring and Evaluation of population and health programs.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the Job Title provided on the subject line while sending your application & CV in one folder (pdf format) including salary requirements and availability to be received by 9th May 2021.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.