Tellers – 3 Positions
Jobs at:Kenya Tea Development Agency (MS) Ltd (Chai Trading Company Limited)
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Date Posted: Friday, September 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to Accountant, the job holder will ensure proper accounting of all collection in assigned units.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Keying of original source documents i.e Manifest, Release Orders, Kwatos & ICMS to Terminal Operating System.
• Receiving of all types of cargo in the system
• Issuance of verification memos
• Issuing of invoices and receipts
• Issuing of gate passes and final release orders
• Providing over-the-counter enquiries on cargo positions and other related queries.
• Managing Cargo stock control and reconciliations.
• Ensure proper documentation in loading and offloading section.
• Maintenance of accurate cargo records
• Safe custody of accountable documents.
• Ensuring reconciliation of physical cargo matches with system records.
• Verification of all accountable documents before releasing cargo.
• Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The Job holder must possess the following;
• Diploma in Business or related field.
• Two (2) years’ experience in a busy container freight station
• Proficient in use Terminal Operating System, Excel, Ms Word, Kwatos & ICMS.
• Attention to detail and a team player.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to deliver targets, and a good planner who pays attention to detail
• Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
• Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.