Temporary Finance Officer - Operations
Jobs at:Catholic Relief
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 21 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Temporary Finance Officer – Operations will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
• Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
• Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Insight Oracle systems
• Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
• Help evaluate sub recipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
• Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed including month end closure reports.
• Help share information with sub recipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
• Prepare and manage account receivables and payables for both staff and vendors ensuring monthly statements are prepared and disseminated monthly.
• Process payments/disbursements in accordance with CRS’s set policies and procedures.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
• Excellent organizational skills
• Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Teamwork and ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Minimal travel
Key Working Relationships:
• Internal: Head of Programs, Head of Operations, International staff, Finance Manager, Deputy Finance Manager, Other program/operational staff
• External: Contractors, Vendors, Banks
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
• Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of Oracle ERP financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity and inclusion including gender equality.
• Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
• Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Accounting package or similar financial reporting software is a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Catholic Relief on eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.