Temporary International Accountant
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a temporary International Accountant for a period of six (6) months. This position will be based in Nairobi.
• Perform quality control review of Country Office financial reports and transactions to ensure the accuracy of the accounting/bookkeeping activities
• Coordinate month-close, quarter close, and year-end close activities for assigned offices, including balance sheet reconciliations and follow up
• Monitor bank account reconciliations and follow up on unresolved items
• Ensure compliance with PATH policy and statutory requirements. Request clarification or additional documentation on questionable items
• Provide guidance and support to field and program staff on accounting related tasks, policies and procedures
• Maintain current documentation of policies and procedures for assigned areas of responsibility
• Participate in annual external audit process, preparing work-papers and schedules as assigned
• Support monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes by compiling and analysing accounting information and preparing various adjustments, journal entries and schedules as required
• Prepare, analyse and review reconciliations of balance sheet GL accounts
• Analyse, record, monitor and report on moderately complex to complex accounting matters and transactions, ensuring continuous compliance.
• Answer questions and provide support to others regarding proper accounting treatment for transactions and other finance related queries
• Perform analysis and assist with special projects as requested by senior management
• Work with departments outside of accounting to ensure new initiatives are properly tracked, monitored, and reported
• Strong understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS, and accounting fundamentals
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in accounting or finance field
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance field or similar
• Knowledge of USAID regulations, such as 2CFR200, as well as experience working for or with global not-for-profits is a plus
• Experience with a global ERP system with multi-currency capabilities is a plus
• Effective communication skills both spoken and written, as well as customer service with both internal and external clients
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze data, research information to clarify issues, find and propose appropriate solutions
• Strong ability to collaborate with team members from different geographical locations
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously; capable of rapid coordination and distribution of information
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet policy driven deadlines, as well as ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed for video or audit conference calls with team members in other geographical regions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from a @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interested and qualified click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.