Trade Finance Officer
Jobs at:Trade and Development Bank
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Trade Finance Officer performs the following duties:
• Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counterparties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers, etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in case of syndication/co-financing.
• Financial analysis and due diligence on all transactions to ensure quality control.
• Prepare and analyze credit proposals for trade finance facilities for funding by the Bank.
• Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank's existing and prospective partners and stakeholders.
• Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on trade finance facilities under their supervision.
• Seek new business opportunities in the region to ensure a good pipeline of transactions is achieved.
• Undertake product development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience and relationships to pursue trade finance opportunities.
• Prepare board papers, ALCO reports, and partake as a member of committes/taskforce.
Qualifications and Competencies
• A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage.
• A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial/Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products.
• Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank's operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards.
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills.
• Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
• Proven organization, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships.
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications.
• Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Trade Finance Officer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.