Trade Finance Specialist
Jobs at:Absa Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2023
Date Posted: Friday, April 21, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Assist in articulation, ownership, and execution of the TB strategy for Business Banking in the commercial banking segment
To lead and manage senior level client interaction and sales.
Manage and deliver business objectives through the BB sales team in the commercial banking segment.
Manage and grow TB business each year across the BB clients in the commercial banking segment.
Manage the returns while employing sound risk management disciplines
Main accountabilities and approximate time split %
Sales: Time split 50%
• Accountable for the delivery of TB revenues from Business Banking clients in the commercial banking segment.
• Develop and execute the sales strategy to deliver the revenue ambition through a portfolio of existing and target lists in BB.
• Increase client penetration and revenues for the bank by actively promoting the bank’s network and product capabilities (cross-selling). Replicate TB solutions and successes within the portfolio.
• Lead the team to achieve quantitative and qualitative performance objectives for your portfolio. Leverage the existing sales tools and techniques to identify opportunities for new/incremental business - account planning and pipeline management to achieve sales/revenue targets.
• Maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the bank’s comprehensive products capabilities and their application to client's needs and use this knowledge in the structuring of solutions.
• Ensure smooth interaction and communication with the Customer Support team, product development, and customer services teams within the Business Banking team. Drive alignment with key stakeholders; TB teams across multiple geographies, Business Banking and operations to achieve TB priorities.
• Lead client insight events and industry forums to showcase ABSA’s leadership in Transaction Banking and also to build the brand awareness
• Maintain high-performance standards and role model behaviors that demonstrate the bank's values.
Service and Operational Rigor: Time split 30%
• Working with the BB service team ensures the delivery of world-class customer service practices and ensures adherence to ABSA Service standards.
• Lead the team in assisting the BB coverage teams in the commercial banking segment to develop relationship account plans for their customer portfolios.
• Achieve operational rigor excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes are undertaken to ensure 100% compliance.
• Minimize the potential of fraudulent applications by following each product's criteria.
• Ensuring that pricing is authorized as per mandate by Business Banking Director and Transactional Baking Director, agreed with the customer, and properly set up to ensure 100% collection upon product/customer set up.
• Follow the TB end-to-end product set-up process ensuring new set-ups are authorized and properly set up.
• Ensure compliance with operations risk & rigor requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises.
Team Support and Management: Time split 20%
• Set SMART individual objectives that are in line with and seek to achieve the team's overall objectives. Review and drive the performance of the team against the objectives on a regular basis,
• Identify training needs and recommend training plans to satisfy those needs for the CSAs.
Technical skills / Competencies
• Postgraduate or equivalent academic qualifications
• Over 6 years of banking experience, the majority of which must be in BB or CIB.
• Strong people and sales management skills, and experience in banking.
• Solid and proven frontline transactional sales experience across Working Capital, Trade Finance (documentary trade products i.e. LCs, bonds & guarantees; bank & country risk products), Supply Chain Financing & Cash Management (Regional/Local payments, receipts and liquidity management structures, system infrastructure, etc.)
• Skills for analyzing and formatting data provided by Finance and other sources
• Strong sales management skills and experience, ideally with relevant banking or business/corporate banking background
• Proven treasury, credit, and country risk exposure
• Open-minded, good listener, flexible with a ‘think out of the box’ mentality
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills; ability to communicate with all levels in an organization
• Disciplined approach to deal execution/client follow-up
• Strong cross-cultural awareness
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Excellent knowledge of banking policies, standards, local regulations, and legislation of the prevention of money laundering
• Judgment / Managing Complexity
Knowledge, Expertise, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications
• Over 5 years’ experience in BB or CIB
• Strong people and sales management skills experience
• Frontline Transactional sales experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.