Jobs at:Penda Health
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Treasury Accountant will maintain stewardship for financial assets and debt including overall leadership of the cash management, debt management and investment management functions of the organization and its affiliated entities. This position is accountable for the development and revision of financial policies for capital structure, working capital management, treasury operations, foreign exchange interest rate risk management, and corporate finance initiatives.
• Manage treasury function, including meeting short and long-term funding needs.
• Monitor the loan schedules to ensure that Penda is up to date on all its Loan obligations.
• In charge of intercompany transactions, bank transactions, negotiating foreign currency deals
• Petty cash Management and reconciliation.
• Review prepayments and Accruals of expenses on a monthly basis.
• Help in preparation of quarterly cash flow projections as well as forecasting medium and long-term funding and monitoring working capital changes
• Support grants management and reporting and ensuring compliance with the regulatory, reporting, and utilization requirements
• Prepare the cash flow and consolidated cash flow in the management report.
• Assist with reporting for the board and external financial institutions.
• Understand and manage appropriate procedures and processes around month-end and quarter-close activities
Key Performance Indicators
• Ensure an optimal working capital level.
• Bank Reconciliations for all Bank accounts including Mauritius Bank by the 3rd of every month.
• Accrued Expenses Reconciliations by the 5th of every month.
• 100% accuracy of payments.
• Supplier Reconciliations by the 15th of Every month.
• Intercompany Reconciliations between Penda Mauritius and Kenya by 5th of every month
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, finance and accounting or a relevant field
• Relevant professional qualification: (ACCA/CPA/CA)- Required
• Member of a relevant professional body – Required
Knowledge, Competence and Experience Required
• Understanding and experience of Treasury Accounting including foreign exchange, liquidity, cash flow and various Financial Instruments.
• At least with 5 years’ experience in a busy Finance and Accounting Department, two of these should be in treasury and cash flow management.
• Strong knowledge of banking relationships and covenants.
• Use of ERP systems and experience of new system implementation is an added advantage.
• Must have high standards of integrity, ethics, and confidentiality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.