Turnaround Coordinator– Narrow Body
Jobs at:Kenya Airways
Deadline of this Job:
17 April 2023
Date Posted: Monday, April 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines. Adhere to accurate Load in gand offloading by delegation, as well as coordinate, oversee and supervise the activities for the overall turnaround of aircraft.
• Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure management of the turnaround process whilst complying with company procedures and processes, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
• Ascertain all aspects of aircraft preparation in readiness for offloading/loading as per standard operating procedures.
• Ensure compliance between loading instructions and load presented for loading whilst strictly adhering to the instructions unless authorized to deviate.
• Provide leadership and direct supervision staff who are undertaking all loading and equipment operations activities associated with turnaround to ensure conformity with all Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champion ramp safety by effectively enforcing ramp standard operating procedures to reduce ramp incidents and accidents ensuring healthy, safe and secure working environment.
• Ensure on time and proper completion of offloading and loading of cargo and baggage for efficient delivery for both Kenya Airways and customer airlines.
• Report torn, leaking and oversize packaging and defective ULD’s before loading and when offloading
• Ensure ULDs properly with locks and bulk loads correctly with nets and approved tie downs complying to correct lashing / load spreading.
• Ensure that special loads, including Dangerous Goods are stowed according to regulations and Carrier operating procedures.
• Upon completion of loading, communicate the final loading to the Load controller.
• Ensure correct baggage reconciliation procedures are met and documentation completed before aircraft departure
• In absence of a dedicated Turnaround coordinator wide body, be the central point of liaison with all stake holders and coordinate the turnaround.
• Optimize maximumly all the allocated resources and tools of work
• Raise casual operator’s forms to ensure billing for services rendered.
• Monitor sequence activity against agreed station turnaround plan and timings.
• Establish and maintain constant ground to cockpit communication in a clear and precise manner
• (if authorized and when required to do so)
• Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accident within the turnaround process.
• Adhere to KQ WAY principals and best practices.
• Relevant University Degree
• Relevant Diploma with over 5 years’ experience in Ground Operations
• Minimum 2 years ramp experience
• Customer focused.
• High integrity
• Team player
• Ability to lead, motivate and guide teams.
• Self-motivated, proactive and decisive
• Time conscious
• Results oriented.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.