Universal Banker/SME Banker (Fixed Term Contract)
Jobs at:Absa Group Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards.
Key Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
Business Growth - Time split 60%
• Understand and implement business strategic initiatives for the branch aimed at increasing new business and wallet share from existing customers.
• Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
• Manage portfolio risks in line with banks portfolio appetite.
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, Bancassurance to maximize on cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
• In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, products, conduct product reviews and development through constant feedback from the market.
• Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government/directives and changes in policy by regulators.
• Contribute to the development of branch sales strategy.
• Plan and coordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
• Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross-sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
• Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
• Ensure quality sales and new to-bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
• Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
• Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
• Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
• Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high-level service delivery standards.
• Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective Branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
• Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view of re-opening a similar account.
• Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
• Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Banks overall strategy- Growth, Transformation and Returns.
Internal Controls & Risk Management; Time split 10%
• Ensure that Absa bank¡¦s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
• Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regard to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
• Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
• Manage costs within your area of operation.
• Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
• Ensure the new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, and fees are collected as per the current tariff.
• Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Customer Experience: Time split 20%
• Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
• Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
• Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
• Ensure set TAT in response to customer queries on phone, email or by letters is strictly adhered to.
• Ensure customer data is always up to date
• Ensure branch NPS score are maintained as per the set standards
• In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
• Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off-peak periods.
Capacity Building & People Management; Time split 10%
• In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, teamwork and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
• Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports are undertaken within set timelines.
• Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
• Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.