Jobs at:KCA University
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Vice-Chancellor - Job Ref: MN 8029
KCA University is one of Africa's top Private Universities, with a strong focus on business and technology. The University was founded in July 1989 by the Institute of Chartered Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and fully chartered in 2013 by the Commission of University Education (CUE). KCAU's main campus is located along Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya with other campuses in the Nairobi CBD, Kisumu and Kitengela.
The University has a Strategic Plan for 2019-2023 focusing on 35 flagship programmes accredited by the Commission of University Education. The University's academic strength is based on its Doctorate, Masters and Bachelors Programmes, Diploma, Certificate Programmes, as well as Professional programmes. The University offers distance learning mode of study and currently on remote engagement and assessments for all programmes in the College of Business: College of Technology, the School of Education, the School of Research & Graduate Studies; the Centre for Entrepreneurship & Leadership, the School of Professional Programmes; and The Institute for Capacity Development (ICAD) to ensure studies are not disrupted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The University prides from its state-of-the-art Systems Modelling and Data-Analytics labs, its ICT lab and an ultra-modern-library that was ranked 2nd at the Maktaba Awards in year 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2018. Enrolment for both Government and Self Sponsored students is over 15,000 with a staff base of close to 500 employees. The University collaborates with Tohoku University in Japan; the Zealand Institute of Business & Technology, the Dublin Institute of Technology, and the Galilee International Management Institute of Israel, among others. It also enjoys numerous corporate partnerships, including Techno Brain and Centurion Systems. KCA University is seeking to recruit a qualified, competent, dynamic and visionary leader to fill the position of Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer which will fall vacant on 1st January 2021. .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing strategic, innovative and creative direction and leadership to the University by competitively positioning and representing the University nationally, regionally and internationally;
• Developing and recommending to the Council strategies, business plans, annual budgets and establishing proper monitoring and control systems and procedures;
• Be responsible for the implementation of the Council's decisions and resolutions.
• Overall responsibility for managing directing, organizing and administering of programmes of the University:
• Coordinating the development and implementation of the academic and administrative policies of the University in accordance with the University's master plan and the strategic plan;
• Promoting efficiency and good order of the University including staff and student welfare, conduct and discipline and ensure enforcement of the Statutes and regulations;
• Providing innovative and creative leadership in the areas of academics, finance, planning and development; general administration; research and partnership; facilitating and maintaining cooperation with government institutions, regulatory agencies, local and international institutions of higher learning and other stakeholders; and
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Council as provided for in the Universities Act 2012, University Charter 2013 and Statutes.
• Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity:
• Visionary and result oriented;
• Excellent organizational interpersonal and effective communication skills;
• Outstanding organization development skills, entrepreneurial acumen and business process re-engineering competencies:
• Logical and sound decision-making abilities within the context of a dynamic environment;
• Creativity and innovation abilities with a strong implementation, monitoring and evaluation focus;
• Negotiation and conflict resolution skills; and
• Firm, fair, accountable and transparent in the conduct of duties
For appointment to the position of the Vice-Chancellor, the candidate must:
• Be a full Professor and holder of an earned Doctorate or equivalent qualification recognized in Kenya;
• Have had at least (15) years of academic, research and managerial experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity:
• Have proven scholarly record demonstrated by publications in internationally peer reviewed journals, monographs, books and book chapters in their areas of specialization, and supervision and mentorship of Masters and Doctoral students;
• Have excellent understanding of the Financial and Fiscal Policies, Strategic Planning and Vision 2030, Human Resource Management and Procurement and Asset Disposal processes
• Have thorough knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory frame. work for administering University Education in Kenya;
• Have demonstrable record of strategic leadership in formulation and implementation of academic, administrative, planning and financial programmes, development of strategic institutional linkages, staff and student exchange
• Have demonstrable experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization for research, scholarships and development;
• Have demonstrable understanding of and be able to promote and enhance the existing and emerging technological innovations for better learning and management of the university:
• Have excellent understanding of current trends in University education and training globally and the factors and conditions shaping development of university education in Kenya;
• Be a team player with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be a registered member of professional associations, where applicable, and be of good standing;
• Have an impeccable disciplinary record in public and/or private sectors; and
• Be of high ethical standards, integrity and accountability and comply with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews;
(a) National Identity Card/ Valid Passport;
(b) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
(c) Any other supporting documents and testimonials:
(d) Recommendations from relevant professional bodies and associations;
(e) Certificate of Clearance from the following bodies:
I. Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
II. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
III. Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and;
IV. Certificate of good conduct.
The successful candidate will be offered a remuneration package commensurate with the existing terms and conditions of service. This appointment is for a contractual period of five (5) years, renewable once for a further five (5) years subject to positive appraisal by the Council.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants meeting the above requirements should submit detailed current curriculum vitae, including academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership record, publications, scholarships grants and awards, membership of professional associations, and comm. unity service.
Copies of certificates, testimonials and evidence of clearance from the organizations listed above should also be provided, along with an email address and telephone contacts.
The applicant should provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three referees.
Applications and the referees' confidential report on the applicant's suitability for the position should be sent to the undersigned, to be received on or before 13th November 2020.
All applications must be clearly titled "Application for the position of Vice-Chancellor" on the subject of the email and electronic copies submitted in PDF format to email@example.com
• Applicants are required to indicate their current or past monthly salary
• Applicants who canvas by any means will be disqualified.
• This Advertisement is also available on the University Website: www.kca.ac.ke and Manpower Services (K) Ltd website: www.manpowerservicesgroup.com/jobs
For more information on this role; please visit www.kca.ac.ke or www.manpowerservicesgroup.com/jobs
KCA University Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, The Marginalized and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.