Vice President, Finance & Operations
Jobs at:Conservation International
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 02 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 21 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Direct the planning, budgeting, and business development for seven US divisions. This includes all divisions under Global Programs (Center for Sustainable Lands and Waters, Center for Communities and Conservation, Moore Center for Science, Center for Natural Climate Solutions, and Global Policy & Government Affairs), as well as two complex divisions under Conservation Partnerships (Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund and Conservation Finance Division). Provide financial oversight of program lending and investment portfolio(s) focused on conservation businesses.
• Marshall resources and staff across the organization to develop grant proposals, grant budgets, and financial reporting and analysis tools and processes for projects.
• Represent CI with donors, partners, and stakeholders regarding solicitations, project management, and negotiations.
• Support the development of a resource pipeline and individual proposal development.
• Assess the funding status of each center and unit and work with leadership and Development units to build diversified, balanced funding portfolios and minimize budget risks.
• Assess budget needs and make recommendations for allocations of projects and flexible funding.
• Assess and develop annual budget allocations for significant, cross-divisional programs based upon programmatic plans and needs, donor requirements, and institutional resource availability.
• In collaboration with the Project Delivery and Monitoring, Risk Management, and relevant Operations Division teams (Finance, HR, IT, and GCO), identify, address, and mitigate potential risks related to compliance, safeguards, donor relations, program delivery, and financial risk.
• Oversee program audits required by non-public donors.
• Assess and develop operational staffing plans for the Global Programs Division to ensure efficient and effective support across all divisions and functions.
• Assist in financial due diligence, valuation assessment, and monitoring of program-related debt and equity instruments.
• Support the team with enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of operation and finance processes and ensure team and organization deadlines are met.
• Act as primary supervisor to senior operations staff, directing, managing, and motivating them for high performance.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Duties are performed in a normal office environment.
• International travel may be required for meetings and site visits.
• Ability to work extended hours to meet surge needs or deadlines.
• This is a hybrid position, with some days in the office and some remotely.
• For the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our community, all US-based Conservation International staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This mandatory vaccine requirement applies to all staff working remotely, in a hybrid work arrangement, and on-site in CI US offices. CI follows CDC recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines. Requests for reasonable accommodations or exceptions related to medical or religious reasons will be considered. Candidates are NOT required to state their COVID-19 vaccine status in their application.
• Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, or related field and 15 or more years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 or more years of experience supervising, motivating, and mentoring the work of others.
• Proven working experience and a strong background in project management, budgeting, and reporting in the non-profit sector.
• Proven experience managing multi-donor and public funding portfolios.
• Proven experience managing finance and accounting needs of a lending portfolio, and knowledge of investment management.
• Experience with cash flow modeling, financial statement analysis, and investment valuation methodologies.
• Proven experience in successful development and management of high-level NGO and corporate partnerships.
• Proven ability to lead, engage, and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds to achieve shared goals.
• Proven ability to formulate and execute results utilizing strong analytical, critical decision-making, and strategic planning skills.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills, including effective presentation and negotiation skills with experience synthesizing complex scientific or technical topics for non-technical audiences.
• Advanced skills with ERP, data management systems, and MS Office.
• Tech and systems savvy with willingness and ability to quickly learn various IT systems.
• A reputation for high ethical standards and integrity.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and agility to adapt to changing and growing portfolio.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.