Vice President Finance
Jobs at:Imperial Logistics
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, June 15 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide finance support and lead the operating company in the formulation, execution and continuous evaluation of its short-term and long-term financial strategy as well as to take full accountability for the overall financial health through planning, analysing, advising and reporting on financial strengths and weaknesses to improve financial performance, business opportunities, alignment to financial governance and risk profile.
Key Performance Areas
• Monthly analysis of the financial performance of the operating company compared to budget expectation and prior financial periods.
• Manage the financial position of the operating company with the objective of maximising profitability and return on invested capital.
• Ensure compliance to the Limits of Authority.
• Ensure accurate and timeous financial reporting to the operating company executive committee and other stakeholders in Imperial.
• Provide guidance to executives in the operating company to ensure strategic and financial reporting objectives are met.
• Oversee drafting of annual financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
• Quarterly reporting of internal controls.
• Internal management packs and dashboards.
• Tax administration and compliance including submission of relevant returns to revenue authorities.
• Co-ordinate and assist with the internal and external audit process.
• Identifying and managing risk (financial and non-financial) throughout the operating company along with Imperial's risk department
• Responsible for ensuring that efficient internal controls are implemented and maintained throughout the operating company.
• Provide ad-hoc projects and reports as required.
• Manage overall financial functions.
• Manage cash flow proactively to ensure operating company and group objectives are achieved.
• Manage working capital, treasury and foreign currency.
• Consolidate, analyse and report on financial performance as well as corrective, preventative and improvement initiatives required to achieve financial strategies.
• Review, analyse and then draw insights to assist operational performance.
• Drive the timeous and accurate completion of the budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Drive and manage the cost savings initiatives within the operating company
• Continuous improvement of internal financial and operational processes. • Prepare and / or coordinate monthly flash reports.
• Update customer profitability data monthly and report on underperforming contracts. Periodic balance sheet reviews to ensure accuracy of operating company's financial position.
• Oversee foreign exchange management by ensuring foreign currency related exposures are addressed in accordance with Imperial guidelines.
• Capital allocation decisions to be thoroughly assessed including capex and investment decisions; buy vs lease decisions to be properly assessed.
• Analyse and advise on possible growth opportunities including acquisitions and opportunities that require large capital investment
• Preparation and consolidation of operating company budgets
• Integrate and align multiple value chain functions based on internal and external client requirements as well as market trends and other business intelligence.
• Review and advice on management decisions to ensure optimal impact on the financial success of the operating company.
• Formulate governance and compliance models and frameworks for a function / operation in order to identify and manage risk liabilities.
• Align strategies and objectives for a function / operation according to knowledge gained from reports and analysis.
• Implement and manage workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development, performance management, reward and recognition and employee relations to ensure an optimal working environment.
• Create an engaging, enabling and productive work climate aligned to the employee value proposition by demonstrating leadership through personal commitment to organisational values.
• Formulate functional / operational budget to ensure that the strategic deliverables are adequately budgeted for.
Nature of Position
• Preferred - Post-graduate qualification in Finance.
• Minimum - Bachelors Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
• Minimum - Certified Public Account (CPA) Kenya or any other globally recognized Chartered Accountant qualification.
Skills and Experience Required
• Advanced budgeting and cost management knowledge and or skill
• Advanced financial management knowledge and or skill
• Advanced financial reporting knowledge and or skill
• Advanced people management and development knowledge and or skill
• Proficient labour relations procedures knowledge and or skill
• Seasoned commercial finance knowledge and or skill
• Seasoned risk and compliance knowledge and or skill
• Advanced legal compliance knowledge and or skill
• Advanced financial planning knowledge and or skill
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified? Go to Imperial Logistics on www.linkedin.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.