Warehousing & Distribution Manager
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Warehousing & Distribution Manager KENYA 2021
Chemonics seeks a Warehousing and Distribution Manager to support the Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM project in Kenya, GHSC-PSI is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries management of the supply chains and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Warehousing & Distribution Manager is responsible for monitoring and completing warehousing and distribution tasks related to project management, data collection, aggregation and analysis technical capacity, and management and leadership to achieve Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) objectives. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. .
• Determine and ensure availability of storage space and necessary requirements
• Facilitate processes that will ensure effective receipt and storage of commodities from suppliers while maintaining high quality standards
• Establish distribution plans based on orders received from health facilities and the established schedules
• Coordinate picking and packing of health commodities
• Organize the leading and distribution of the packed orders
• Institute routine physical inventory count
• Oversee updates to inventory records in the warehouse after every transaction
• Provide relevant day-to-day support through financial management and development of new or improved budget analysis tools
• Collaborate with team members to learn and implement work undertaken in warehousing and distribution optimization activities
• Provide client relationship management support, including responding to client requests and supporting client meeting logistics
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's degree required: Master's degree in international development, public health business or another related field preferred
• Minimum Of Three years of relevant professional experience required
• Fluency in critical project management skills, including budget management, contractual compliance client relations and client management
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), as well as experience with other data management and analysis software
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive renewal Instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contributions to end results
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
• Fluency in English required secondary language proficiency preferred
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and "Warehousing and Distribution Manager in the subject line to PSMKenyaRecruit@chemonics.com by February 19th, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion. sex rational origin, political affiliation sexual orientation, gender identity, mantal status, disability, genetic Information, age, membership in an employee organization or other nort-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://themonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.