Wheel Loader/Tractor Operator
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The successful candidate will be responsible for operating heavy equipment, including wheel loaders and tractors, to load and move materials as required. The Wheel Loader/Tractor Operator will work closely with the Operations team to ensure efficient and safe handling of materials and adherence to safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow weekly shift plans and daily set production schedules to execute all assigned tasks as per the work instructions.
• Performing Autonomous Maintenance tasks on the wheel loader daily
• Performing Autonomous Maintenance checks on all vehicles on site as well as attachments which include windrow turners, front-loaders, forklifts and other site vehicles
• Attend scrum meetings and other sessions called by the line manager to discuss and resolve work challenges
• Proactively propose to your supervisor possible solutions to challenges affecting productivity, quality, health & safety in your work area
• Lead workmen (turnboys or juniors) at your section to resolve agreed issues
• Actively support and be involved in maintenance activities related to all site vehicles i.e wheel loader, tractors, forklifts and associated attachments"
• Meet biweekly with your supervisor to review and set expectations for your performance
• Meet biweekly with your reports to review and the set expectations for their performance
• Report your sections performance against set production schedules to your supervisor on a daily basis on the established platforms
• Training new or existing wheel loader /vehicle drivers on the operation of all vehicles (tractor/forklift/wheel loader) and attachments
• Work with other section leads to ensure that processes run in sync as per the production schedule
• Lead your teammates in your section to execute daily production schedules
• Attend and actively participate all team meetings
• Maintain effective working relationships through treating your colleagues with respect
• Resolved misunderstandings and report unresolved issues with suggestions to your Supervisor or talent partner
• Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community
• Adhere to set shift plans and work orders.
• Proactively ask or seek clarification from your Supervisor on any areas of work that are unclear
• Openly share ideas during scrum and team meetings on how current processes can be improved
• Participate in new improvements initiatives as assigned by your supervisor
• Use resources assigned to you sparingly as per the resource plan shared by your Supervisor
• Use and handle assigned company assets as per set policy
• Conduct scheduled Gemba walks in your area/section to identify opportunities for process improvement
• Coach fellow workmen and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect and/or challenges/variances in the line of their day to day duties
• Conduct scrum meetings at your section
• Valid driver's license with appropriate vehicle class qualifications to operate forklifts, tractors and wheel loaders including attachments
• At least 2 years experience in the operation of wheel loader and its attachments (e.g. windrow turners, crawlers, trailers, wagons)
• A diploma will be an added advantage
• Experience in basic wheel loader maintenance will be an added advantage
• Knowledge related to heavy equipment operation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Wheel Loader/Tractor Operator
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.