- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Victory Farms Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Victory Farms is a tilapia fish farm established in 2015. VF is located on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and has distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company is rapidly expanding its farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing capabilities. By the end of 2017, VF is on track to be the largest aquaculture farm in East Africa. VF is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally.
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies? Victory Farms is recruiting an Accountant to lead system creation and drive financial planning, reporting and analysis. The Accountant is to manage finance receivables functions at Victory Farms Ltd. The assignment involves performing sales related accounts functions, Inventory Control and working in close collaboration with other Company departments. Come join us at Victory Farms as an Accountant.
Location: 90% Nairobi 10% Homabay
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Start Date: Immediate .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant’s duties and responsibilities will evolve as the business’s needs grow and evolve, but will generally cover:
• Develop strong, pro-active relationships with all user departments and become a key player within the Finance department.
• Validate sales revenue; manage invoicing within established deadlines including posting collections, drawing up records, auditing invoices and performing end-of-month closings.
• Timely receivables and collections reporting. Processing payments and invoices accurately.
• Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate.
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable.
• Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, goods in transit and balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare inputs into the monthly management accounts and originate the necessary journals.
• Responsibility for the preparation and submission of Periodic Statutory deductions and filings before the set deadlines.
• Maintain and update various expense and balance sheet schedules.
• Produce actionable and accurate internal reports on a daily, monthly, and periodic basis within defined reporting deadlines.
• Inventory control and management.
• Prepare audit schedules for monthly Management Account reporting and year-end financial audits.
• Management of inter-company transactions and balances.
• Any other accounting duties assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Desired Minimum Qualification:
• University degree in Accounting/Finance/ Business or a related field preferred.
• CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
• Strong business acumen/awareness and people management skills.
• Advanced Computer skills with excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
• Experience level: 5- 10 Years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.