- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Kobby Technologies
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kobby Technologies Limited is an Oracle Partner and it exceeds expectations. The company has established itself as an IT Organization offering Solutions, Services and Products. The company has established itself as a powerhouse in Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite ERP Upgrades, Implementations, Support, migration and conversion to 64bit architectures.
Kobby Technologies Limited is seeking an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) to join our growing team.
This is a full time employment opportunity with our organization. .
• This position will require expertise and administration of multiple database environments.
• Individual must have strong knowledge of Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c/18c technology and thorough understanding of relational database environments.
• Responsibilities include but not limited to the administration and support of large scale Oracle production databases spanning multiple Tera-byte plus in size utilizing Linux/Unix.
• The position will ensure regular backups and restores are available for all supported databases.
• Experience with various Oracle replication strategies is required.
• The database environment must be highly available and current with required updates and patches.
The position requires skills in:
• Administering and supporting Oracle production databases spanning Multi-Terabyte in size on different platforms.
• Maintain databases in accordance with internal standards, access control and security guidelines.
• Ensure high availability, timely backups and if necessary restores of production databases.
• Work closely with development and QA to troubleshoot connectivity or query problems for applications dependent on Oracle environment.
• Work with Oracle support services to resolve issues.
• Provide off hours on-call support and work off hours as necessary.
• Test and apply database software patches and upgrades.
• Regular monitoring/tuning activities to include analysis of AWR reports to look for database performance trending and/ anomalies
• Knowledge of SQL Server or MySQL is an added advantage.
• The successful applicant can use his/her skills to create and install procedures to aid in systems support; assist applications software development staff as needed on systems- and technology-related issues; answer user’s technical inquiries.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as are good human relations skills.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
• At least 3 years of work experience both Core Oracle DBA and Oracle Apps DBA with Oracle E-Business Suite experience
• Experience installing and maintaining Oracle databases and replication in production environments.
• Experience with Oracle replication methods such as Data Guard/Golden Gate is preferable
• Demonstrated depth of knowledge of key Oracle technologies (e.g. RAC, ASM, OEM/Grid Control, RMAN, Partitioning).
• Performance tuning and optimization of SQL.
• Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines.
• Required to deal and understand complex data models and object relational database mapping as it relates to system performance and stability.
• Must have strong, demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Must have proven skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution.
• Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
• Must have good, planning and organization skills.
• Works independently with minimal guidance.
• Demonstrable analytical skills especially as they pertain to monitoring and gauging overall system performance, growth and stability.
• Able to articulate accomplishment/progress.
• Operating Systems: Linux , Windows, Unix
The Individual must:
• Be responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills
• Be motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work assigned
• Be attentive to detail with focus on accurate results
• Be organized and able to prioritize tasks; Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Have the ability to conduct research into software issues and products as appropriate.
• Possess strong customer service orientation.
• Be able to contribute to team effort or individual achievement.
• Punctual and first time right on issues and reports.
• Cursory knowledge of SQL Server, MySQL. Advanced knowledge of MySQL administration and tuning a plus.
• Languages: Java, Shell Scripting, Sql Plus Reporting
• Experience with Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata/ODA) is an added advantage.
• Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite as an Oracle Apps DBA
• Experience with Oracle Weblogic
• Experience with Oracle SOA Suite
• DBA Experience on Oracle Hyperion
• Oracle DBaaS Experience
• Oracle Cloud Certifications
• Available immediately
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.