- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Manager Health and Nutrition - North Horr
Jobs at:Concern Worldwide
Deadline of this Job:
12 June 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, June 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are an international humanitarian organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries. Concern Worldwide began working in Kenya in May 2002 with the development of an urban programme in Nairobi. Our work expanded into a multi-sectoral programme focusing on urban and rural livelihoods, primary education, HIV and AIDS, water and sanitation, and health and nutrition in both Nairobi and Marsabit. In partnership with local organisations, Concern also responds to a number of emergencies in Kenya resulting from floods, drought and violence.
The incumbent is responsible to support coordination, planning, management and implementation of the Health and Nutrition NAWIRI Programme (research and scale up) at the sub-county Level. S/he will coordinate the NAWIRI research and scale up activities-with the Sub-county health management team members (S/CHMTs), health facilities and community units. The research activities will include and not limited to desk studies, pilots, assessments and formative researches. The manager will ensure day-to-day activities are implemented within the established framework of the programme, timescales, budget and quality. S/he will continually monitor all aspects of programme performance by instituting the use of necessary programme management processes and tools to ensure programme and financial compliance at the subcounty level. The incumbent will supervisor two nutrition officers- North Horr and Chalbi / Maikona .
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participate in the assessment and selection of appropriate partners for programme implementation;
• Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
• Liaising closely with the Sub - County Health Management Teams (CHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration into the existing health systems;
• Work closely with the SCHMT to oversee and review the implementation of County work plans and activities
• Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition intervention at the Sub – county level
• Work with stakeholders at sub- county level to establish health and nutrition complementary interventions while actively promoting inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary in line with the NAWIRI Programme Strategy.
• Ensure programme quality by taking an active role in monitoring of programme interventions including contributing to the development of context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
• Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the sub - county including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting with surveillance and assessments as required
• Contribute to the development and review of the NAWIRI programme research and advocacy strategies
• Develop and implement sub-county level health and nutrition specific programme budgets, budget revisions, costed work plans among other financial planning tools as required.
• Documentation of the NAWIRI programme process and compilation of programme reports including generating lessons learnt and case studies
• Represent Concern at County and the NAWIRI programme at sub - county Health and Nutrition meetings / fora and support advocacy initiatives in line with the NAWIRI programme strategy
• Monitor programme budget and partner grants and account for expenditure through timely financial reporting
• Provide coordination to all NAWIRI programme activities by channeling communication and resources to all department at sub-county level.
Responding to Emergencies:
• Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary.
• Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
• To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
• To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
• To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor’s degree in food, Nutrition and Dietetics, bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
• At least five (5) years’ experience in health and nutrition programme management in the delivery of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services; with at least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role
• Solid understanding and experience with integrated program approaches
• Significant experience/knowledge of MoH systems, particularly at County level and working with and through local partners
• Excellent programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, interpersonal and report writing skills
• Fluent in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
• Proficient in computer applications
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and supervise new staff members
• Proactive problem solver and solutions-oriented management style
• Qualified residents of Marsabit County are highly encouraged to apply
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Manager Health and Nutrition North Horr by Friday 12th June 2020.
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.