Relationship Manager - Special Projects
Jobs at:Equity Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story.
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit a well-qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the following position in Special Projects Department. .
The Relationship Manager Special Projects will actively participate in the day to day implementation of Special Projects related activities and tasks to ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures that projects are effectively resourced and will manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project stakeholders).
• Developing and implementing bank business and social impact projects
• Networking and prospecting in different forums to forge partnerships for the bank with county and national governments Ministries, Departments and Agencies, bilateral and multilateral development partners, UN agencies, NGOs, private sector, corporate philanthropic foundations etc.
• Representing the Bank in business and social impact strategic initiatives and partnerships while facilitating strategic alignment with partners
• EOI\RFQ\RFP or unsolicited proposal writing using creative thinking and problem solving skills sets
• Participate in detailed project planning, execution and monitoring implementation
• Closely monitor project schedule and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met
• Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Resolve cross-functional issues at project team level.
• Manage project scope and change control and escalate issues where necessary.
• Provide regular progress and status reports to the Director
• Identify and analysize project risks and escalate them to the Director
• Identify and report any potential delays to the Director
• Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with stakeholders and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
• Undertake and promote documentation of good practices as lessons learnt
Key Critical Competencies
• Excellent Project Management skills, study or certification
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team leadership and delegation skills
• Proven leadership and effective decision-making capabilities
• Negotiation skills/experience
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
• Excellent risk management skills
• Time, cost and quality management.
• Business awareness
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• High personal standards and goal oriented
• Excellent and effective communications and writing skills
• Cultural sensitivity
• An added language especially French or Portuguese will be an added advantage
• University degree or equivalent in Economics, Development, Public administration, International Business , Project Management , Social Sciences
• Project Management professional qualifications in PMP/PRINCE2 or similar qualifications will be an added advantage
• A minimum of three years’ experience in supervising currently ongoing Social Payment Programs in the Bank
• Proven ability to write excellent fundable proposals
• Proven ability to quickly acquire and learn new complex information and use it in creating new business value
• Proven ability to meet strict deadlines, identify and solve problems comprehensively
• Proven ability in winning and maintaining the trust of development and humanitarian partners
• Ability to negotiate agreements and/or reach consensus with all levels and positions within the organization
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization
• Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus
• Knowledge in risk and issue management ,communication, time management, stakeholder management and quality management
• Excellent understanding of community development and development finance
• Project management plus monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Understanding of the role of strategic alliance partnerships in growing business value.
• Role of financial inclusion in achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and National development plans of Governments in East and Central Africa
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.