Operations Associate, Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 30 1899
Date Posted:Saturday, December 30 1899, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The successful individual will be responsible for the following key accountabilities:
Provision of Communications Support
1. Manage correspondence, e-mails and telephone calls.
2. Follow up on established deadlines and ensure timely submissions by staff of reports, correspondence and other documents.
3. Attach necessary background information and maintain a follow-up system.
4. Maintain policy, confidential and general management files.
5. Check for completeness and conformity with organizational norms all correspondences for the signature of the Regional Director and both Deputy Regional Directors for approval.
6. Communicate sensitive information to higher level managers.
7. Provide routine information pertaining to the work of the Office of the Regional Director (ORD).
8. Liaise with Country Offices and Headquarters (HQs) to request important information as necessary.
9. Collate high quality briefing materials for the Regional Director and the Deputy Regional Directors in addition to discussing and obtaining agenda items for appointments, meetings, and missions
1. Maintain calendars and arrange meetings for the Regional Director and the Deputy Regional Directors.
2. Organize official travel for the Regional Director, the Deputy Regional Directors and the Executive Manager.
3. Coordinate with the Heads of Office prior to preparation of briefing materials for official trips or meetings.
4. Prepare documentation for signature by the Regional Director or Deputy Regional Directors reviewing for style, factual and grammatical accuracy.
5. In coordination with senior staff in the Regional Office, participate in all administrative arrangements for meetings, such as the Regional Management Team and other special events, workshops, seminars and special visitors by coordinating transportation, hotel accommodation, conference room reservation, background documents, and audio-visual equipment as required.
6. Support activities and conferences by making the travel and logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, governments, partners, country offices, caterers, and hosts for the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Directors and performs liaison duties with other units and executive assistants of other UN Agencies and Heads of Office in the region.
1. Support management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
2. Consult with both Deputy Regional Directors and Regional Advisers and provide answers to inquiries directed to the Regional Director from HQs, Country Offices in the region and other UN Agencies.
3. Provide quality assurance or contracts, Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs), letters, etc., before the Regional Director's approval.
4. Independently research files, consult with the Deputy Regional Directors and Regional Advisers and provide answers to inquiries directed to the Regional Director from HQ, the 21 Country Offices in the region, other UN Agencies
5. In charge of protocol matters which include arranging meetings with high-ranking officials and arrange official receptions given by the Regional Director. Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
6. Provide operational and administrative support to Operations and Supply Advisors in all logistical and administrative arrangements for meetings by sourcing and securing meeting venues, accommodation, background documents, and audio-visual equipment as required.
7. Support the Local Focal Point (LFP) Finance Lead for the Regional Office with processing of invoices for payments and Change of Funding Source requests through Service Gateway for GSSC payment.
8. Support the Programme Specialist Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) in providing oversight to Country Offices in HACT, peer reviews and audit.
9. Organize official travel for the Operations and Supply teams.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
1. Completion of secondary education and training for senior administrative and executive assistance. Completion of relevant university or technical level credit courses, for example in Public Relations, is an asset.
2. A minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
3. Previous experience working with Senior Officials is highly desirable, preferably with hands-on experience in a Front/Executive Office.
4. Previous experience in the UN system would be desirable
5. Experience organizing events (preferably including Heads of State/Government and Ministerial level)
6. Experience dealing with confidential matters and politically sensitive issues
7. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.